B18C5 vs. B18C1... differences in the block???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

henrettatc

I'm pretty new to this stuff, and from the tons of other posts I've read everyone has been very helpful and only a little sarcastic (much better than the honda tech where you'd get bashed for saying nice car lol)... so anyway onto the question...

I have had everyone tell me that the itr motor is better for boosting because it's suppost to be a stronger motor. Well I'm shooting for around 500-600 hp build and I'm going to take my time with my hatch and do everything right inside to out. I just wanted to know if it was worth getting the b18c5 (double or more the price) if I'm going to take all the internal parts out (pistons cams lifters... you name it) and replace it with stronger items??? I've read you can swap the type r internals to a regular block so unless the block overall is stronger it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Any help would be rgreatly appreciated.
Thanks
TC
:D

whoever told you that the b18c5 is best for boost is smoking crack.. only if you were to get a seriously kick ass tune ..

but the difference between the blocks is the pistons and the fact that one says c1 instead of c5 .. in JDM cases they both say b18c

GSR would be good for boost...

I remember something about the type R having oil squirters and the GSR not having them.. Is that accurate? Kinda foggy on that.

Well I'm going to bore it out anyway so not real worried about the piston size... let me put this differently what is the best (strongest) block for boosting?

B18B, since your puttin all new parts in it. Its the cheapest outa the three and as long as you actually do build it right, you wont have any problems with it.

B18B, since your puttin all new parts in it. Its the cheapest outa the three and as long as you actually do build it right, you wont have any problems with it.
Yea, their all made out of the same material. But if your boring, sleeving(I assume), and putting in new internals it doesn't matter which one you start with. You might as well get the one that starts the cheapest.

Back