b20 non vtec what ecu to use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cvc_98

kay guys, i have a 98 civic and the b20 is on the way just waiting for it to be shipped its a complete swap but without the ecu. in the car now is a chipped p28 from phearable cuz im running a SOHC vtec but i was wondering can i use this ecu and just a new chip or do i really need a whole new ecu. let me know whats you opinions thanks.

If they can send you a chip with a b20 basemap then by all means keep the p28. otherwise use an obd2a ecu from a 96-99 integra with the b18b.

Last edited:
alright thanks. i actually have the option for both i have an integ ecu and i can order the chip but whats the better approach to this?

alright thanks. i actually have the option for both i have an integ ecu and i can order the chip but whats the better approach to this?

probably the chip because you'll have the tuning capability if you so choose, and you'll be unable to change anything if you get the obd2a teg ecu.

okay thanks guys. i know this will be off my topic but did somone ever try installing a b20 throttle body into an integ intake mani because i know those crv mani are huge and theyll stick out so imma try puttin on an integ but then i dont know if the throttle body will fit cuz the fact is my integ mani doesnt have a throttle body and ive heard of things like the throttl cable will short or something

Back