b20b/b16 head or b18b1 newbie need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I never said that the JDM ITR and USDM ITR motors are the same cause they are not. At this point I really dont care if I get kicked off. Nor do I care if you guys think I know my info or not. I know what I know and I prove it in the real world every day. I will not post any more, just read.

for the record I need to apologize. Granted I have not commented in this thread about this subject I too thought the b18c5 was a jdm motor. actually thought it was the only jdm motor they offered that DID have the number at the end. But I stand corrected. thanks for the info! But I would say a b20 block is always worth it over the b18's in my opinion unless you have modest goals in terms of power and build cost. I have seen both put down plenty of power but I'd lean toward the b20 block myself. I have heard you can better top end from a b16 head, or better torque and more low end from the type r or gsr head. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Alright well I'm all mixed up now, so idk if I got the right info or not, but E sosli you look like you really know what your talking about. So can you give me info on what would work great for me? The car is going to be my daily driver also, and I wantt to race it too. Money is not an obstacle for me, so I can go up for any amount.
And it'll be cool if you can tell me what is the REAL info, ect. Thanks

Alright well I'm all mixed up now, so idk if I got the right info or not, but E sosli you look like you really know what your talking about. So can you give me info on what would work great for me? The car is going to be my daily driver also, and I wantt to race it too. Money is not an obstacle for me, so I can go up for any amount.
And it'll be cool if you can tell me what is the REAL info, ect. Thanks
In general....since you are new at this.....stay away from any Frankenstein set ups (LS/VTEC or B20/VTEC or K's or D's).....stay away! Especially since you have delusions of daily driving and racing (yes its possible) Frankensteins are very temperamental (motor go boom) and most of the crap you hear from people is based on theory and hear say rather than raw experience. Not to say there are no one that has really (high mileage) set ups and experience but believe me....they are far and few in between. IMO just let it go!

You are a nOOb so lets start off with how much you got to spend? If it aint an object....then start off slow and build it up as you go.....$30K can be spent quick!

Sorry if you stated but what is the car?

Good dependable swaps that aren't too difficult to swap.....a complete OEM Honda/Acura swap like a USDM B18B1 (or JDM B18B) or a JDM B18C GSR. Its hard to find a USDM B18C1 GSR that aint been rode hard and put away wet....hell these motors are getting old!

Last edited:
Back