Basic Killswitch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BiGDeE

I've been seeing alot of posts on how to make a killswitch yada yada..

best way imo is to have a ignition killswitch, this makes it so your ignition wire is dead, if you do starter then you can push start your vehicle.

Parts needed
Toggle switch
Male/Female connectors
24 AWG wire Dont use the solid style.
Wire cutters/crimpers
Computer safe "Smart tester"

Nearly all honda ignition wires are Black with yellow stripe, This wire is located under your dash, in the ignition control wire bundle, the way to check it is the ignition wire is to get a smart tester that checks for ground, touch the tester to the wire, now run through your key steps, off, accessories, on, start, as soon as you get to the on position the light should light up, now go into start and it should stay lit up even when started. this is your ignition wire.

Now for instalation

Get your kill switch, figure out where you want to mount it.

Find your ignition wire, cut it, try to turn your car on to make sure its dead.

now put a female end on both wires.

Take your 24 awg wire, and find out how much you need to mount your switch, put 2 male connectors on one end, and 2 females on other.

connect your switch

Mount it - dont mount your switch somewhere noticeable, some good spots are, in your penny tray to left of your steering wheel, under your dash, many other places just be creative, some people like to put it in back seat, me personally I want to be less noticeable as possible.

Test it

Love it

Clean up.

All of this costs about 5-10 dollars, and is great anti theft.
This should be done within 10-15 minutes.

I will be adding pictures probably this weekend.

No do not do this. This is dangerous and can start your car on fire. And it will never work. Your car wont start.

24awg wire are you insane? Is that a joke? That is about as thick as a string. That would burn instantly. The factory wire is 10 gauge. Extending this wire is not recommended. Doing so increases the resistance on the wire. If you were going to do something like that, you would use a thicker wire, ie 8 gauge wire. But that would be stupid. You should use a relay. Even your wiring to control the relay would be 18 gauge. The only place you'll ever see wire as thin as 24 awg is inside of electronic devices. Also, what kind of switch were you recommending? You'd need a pretty massive switch to handle the ignition power directly. Somewhere around 25A. You could use a low current switch with a relay.

The ignition is extremely easy to diagnose and bypass. You connect a wire the short distance from the starter to the distributor. Even a retarded thief knows this.

Secondly, hiding your switch is pointless if you cut the wire at the ignition harness. Thieves go right to the ignition harness to hotwire the car. All you've done is cut the loom and made it that quicker for them to get at.

Please don't post info that you know nothing about and have never done. If you want to know how to do a real kill switch, go here: Main Relay Kill Switch

Back