Beer drama

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
So i'm sure we all heard about Bud light and the boycotts by now. I don't care about that and that's not the point of this thread.

What is the point then, you ask....

Well, how the hell is Modelo now the #1 selling beer? Like, ok, it's not rare, but you can't honestly tell me that it sells more than corona? or miller lite? or coors light? even regular bud heavy?

Perhaps it's more popular in the south east or more spanish regions than it is up here. It's not rare, it's at most bars, but it usually gets a single row or two in the cooler next to the likes of Amstel or Hieniken.

Do you drink Modelo?

interesting take! at our local mexicali, i always order the coronarita. the last 2 visits it has had modelo instead of corona in it. might be a key factor in sales.

I'm an IPA guy pretty exclusively so to me those are all about the same. Not gonna say they're all garbage beers, they're just not to my liking.

I'm an IPA guy pretty exclusively so to me those are all about the same. Not gonna say they're all garbage beers, they're just not to my liking.

Do you ever hit any local breweries? I'm very beer snobby. I spend a lot of time at Griffin Claw and a place in Ferndale called Urban Rest.

Do you ever hit any local breweries? I'm very beer snobby. I spend a lot of time at Griffin Claw and a place in Ferndale called Urban Rest.

Not as much as I used to. My mom actually used to live right by Griffin Claw in Birmingham. I've been to the GC Clubhouse out on M59 several times and actually preferred it when it was more of a beer garden. I really like Rochester Mills and Brown Iron out in Washington. Done several Grand Rapids trips and hit all the big ones there. A friend of mine owns a small little spot in Vicksburg called the Distant Whistle. There's just so many options to choose from all over Michigan.

Not as much as I used to. My mom actually used to live right by Griffin Claw in Birmingham. I've been to the GC Clubhouse out on M59 several times and actually preferred it when it was more of a beer garden. I really like Rochester Mills and Brown Iron out in Washington. Done several Grand Rapids trips and hit all the big ones there. A friend of mine owns a small little spot in Vicksburg called the Distant Whistle. There's just so many options to choose from all over Michigan.

Yeah, I remember when the Rochester Hills Griffin Claw was Clubhouse BD. I like it either way. I'm a big fan of GC's beers. Rochester Mills is good too. I've been to Brown Iron in Royal Oak, but not Washington.

But yeah, lots of options around here!

After the plummet started I walked into the liquor store and bought a 24 pack of bud heavy for 15 bucks. I wish that would continue.

I'm not a beer snob. I'll drink piss water for a cheap buzz.

First off, I love when woke companies lose money. STFU and stay out of politics. And not for nothing, same with the Christian Baker, like, you're in business to make money, just sell your shitty cakes and stfu.

But I was shocked by that too. I've had Modelo Negra and its good, but I rarely drink or buy beer unless at a Brewery. Nor i do i see anyone walking around bars drinking Modelo and I'm at bars 2-3 times a week. I would have thought for sure Coors Light or Miller Lite would have been the top seller. I see tons of people drinking that piss water.

But now that i think about it, with the record-breaking number of illegal immigrants crossing the border, the USA is becoming the New, Mexico. So, there's that.

Can't do it, lol. I mean, if it's like a company event and they're providing, I will drink domestic light beer.
First off, I love when woke companies lose money. STFU and stay out of politics. And not for nothing, same with the Christian Baker, like, you're in business to make money, just sell your shitty cakes and stfu.

But I was shocked by that too. I've had Modelo Negra and its good, but I rarely drink or buy beer unless at a Brewery. Nor i do i see anyone walking around bars drinking Modelo and I'm at bars 2-3 times a week. I would have thought for sure Coors Light or Miller Lite would have been the top seller. I see tons of people drinking that piss water.

But now that i think about it, with the record-breaking number of illegal immigrants crossing the border, the USA is becoming the New, Mexico. So, there's that.

Yeah, the Modelo thing is weird. I also figured that Miller Lite or Coors would take over. Strange.

I get what they were trying to do with the Dylan Mulvaney stuff. I think it was a business move under the guise of being supportive. They were trying to butter up an influencer with millions of followers. It ended up as a spectacular backfire, though. And I don't know what the LGBTQ crowd drinks, but I feel like it's not Bud Light and probably never will be. Whole thing seems like a massive miscalculation.

Modelo is certainly a better beer than Bud / Bud Light
It is a little surprising that it took the lead spot

Funny part for anyone making the move as a boycott statement, is that they are both under the ABInBev umbrella
So it's basically like boycotting Honda by buying Acura :facepalm:

beer-brands-1070.jpg

most folks i know who drink bud lite and on to miller lite now.

Back