Bent My Rota =(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

Yesterday I went to get in my car and I noticed a slight bulge in my front driverside tire. Well I looked closer and I noticed that my rota had a slight bend in the outer edge. I can only remember hitting one thing (coming into st. louis i was on a rough ass high way and i hit something on the road). Anywayz its only a lil bend so could I get it bent back? If not, Jason I might be contacting you in need of 1 rota slipstream black. Are these rims that weak?? Oh well, how long can I drive on it, while the rim is bent?? All this and I finally had the money to get some tein s-techs. Grrrrr

bending it back would make it even weaker. i'd get my spare on there [EDITED next part..] cause if its causing a bulge in your tire, the seal may have weakened there and the tire may break loose sooner or later (not that i know anything about tires/wheels). sorry bout your wheel, but i am so glad i did not buy rotas. lovin my konigs.

Are rotas really a weak wheel? I was thinkin about gettin some should I think again?

Originally posted by lilthom@Jan 22 2003, 07:56 PM
Are rotas really a weak wheel? I was thinkin about gettin some should I think again?

They aren't forged, they are a great wheel for daily driving/draging.. but for extreme autox, i would get something else.

For the money, they are awesome wheels. I'm getting a set of Sub Zero's for my project when income tax comes

see the thread on "its offical, rotas suck" we had a day back... we discussed why they are inferior :)

Back