Best B Series Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1991CRXsi

I have a B16A SiR. I am in the process of a big nitrous drag and street build up, n/a in town and alot of nitrous at the track. What would be the best LSD cable transmission for this set up? Strongest, reliable,and gearing wise?

Cable trannys you are limited. You have the best you can get, unless you find a YS1 from the GSR. There is a YS1 from the b18a1 and one from a b17. Get the b17 one, if not, you will have longer boost friendly gears.

If you wanted to do the cable/hydro conversion, then you know the ITR trannys are the best.

:werd: cable to hydro conversion w/ ITR tranny which has a stock limited slip, or just use the cable b16 tranny and get an aftermarket LSD.

Domeskilla - "Cable trannys you are limited. You have the best you can get, unless you find a YS1 from the GSR."

Rigth now i have a YS1 with LSD from the SiR are you saying this would be the best to stay with ?

Yes, it would be the best for you. As of right now. IF you ever wanted better, you could do the cable/hydro conversion and get a ITR tranny.

N2o wont run you a constant et. If you build the car for boost, you could run the ls tranny, stay under the boost range and have excellent gas mileage and when you needed constant, consistant power, you mash it, boom you hit boost.

You can full build the motor like a race motor, but it WILL eventually fail b/c of n2o. Now, Bill ran a 55 shot ZEX on his CX, 2 bottles of it without any problems, but i can garuntee you are going for more then a 55 shot.

You just need to build the motor YOUR way, if you are going NA, then yes, your tranny is the best, if you are going boost, then LS tranny. Running n2o doesn't make a matter in choosing a tanny. :)

Thanks..... I am building it up for a big shot this will come way later for now it will be a nice n/a motor.

Back