best compression for N2o?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magana559

The Warden
HereIs my build:

The block
B16a block bored .20 over
12:5:1 CR pistons
Eagle H-beam rods
Eagle crank
Some kind of block gaurd (installed and recomended by Stewart racing engines)

The head

B18c1 Head
BC dual valve springs
BC Forged retainers
BC Stage 3 Camshafts
BC Stainless steel valves
Cometic MLS head gasket

So with all that said and done my buddy says my compression is too high! and that I have the wrong kind of cams.
i dont get it......always thought high compression is better for n2o.

I would call my tuner but hes a bussy guy with school and shit so i dont want to bug him over something stupid like this.....and i dont want to get yelled at! :eek:

Nitrous loves compression. It may be a bit harder to tune, but itll be worth it.

Nitrous loves compression. It may be a bit harder to tune, but itll be worth it.

I dont tune but i only get charged $300 per tune so it really dosent matter how long it takes.

13:1 would be great. a 100 shot would be fine.

My only problem is 91 pump gas here in cali and its my DD.....but the good thing is i work about 3 miles away from VP racing fule 100 octane all day......But a $8 gal and a 70 mile round trip is gonna suck.

you dont have to run the high octane all the time just when you plan on spraying the car. did you buy one of Jims heads or is it all stock ports he gets amazing flow numbers out of his all out race heads and his street heads are pretty nice also

you dont have to run the high octane all the time just when you plan on spraying the car. did you buy one of Jims heads or is it all stock ports he gets amazing flow numbers out of his all out race heads and his street heads are pretty nice also

Naw i didnt get one of his heads....i wish i could have but i dont have that kind of money right now.

I Built my own head and i had a buddy of mine port it....got 295 CFM's on the intake side....not bad for a FREE job lol.

well with a 13:1 CR its kind of hard to run 91 with 110+ Heat In the summer or right now with the fog (high humidity).

yes i agree do you have E85 available in your area if so i would consider runing this as it is great on a HC engine i built a 14.5:1 crVtec last summer for a kid and put down 292 at the wheels with it On e85 and it was his DD

yes i agree do you have E85 available in your area if so i would consider runing this as it is great on a HC engine i built a 14.5:1 crVtec last summer for a kid and put down 292 at the wheels with it On e85 and it was his DD

You Know as a matter of fact I do! And its About 2.90 a gal now Hmmmmm

Thats Good numbers.....maybe i can swap pistons in some months!

What size injectors was he running???

440cc or 550??

Back