Best Engine For 1990 Si Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ajcivicsi

I just put about $450 fixing my 1990 si hatchback...axle/ball joint/rack & pinion/alignment. Then the engine blew up on me two days later. I need to find a good engine swap for a decent price that is also better than the stock D16A engine and tranny...VTEC, DOHC etc. The price range that I am looking at is anywhere from $400 to $700, because i also have to replace the clutch. If anyone could help me out I would gladly appreciate it. I was also wondering if the Del Sol engine would fit in my car and what is the price range for that type of swap? my e-mail is ajay6780@yahoo.com if you want to e-mail me directly.

thanks
anthony

well, that is shitty about ur car. but unless u want to spend more money the del sol engine wont go into ur car, its a different obd and u will waist to much time putting it in ur car. for 400-700 id go ZC swap. 130hp DOHC, alot of people will say get a SOHC Vtec, dont they are retarded. drive in a ZC car then drive in a SOHC Vtec and the ZC will stomp it anyday. ZC is also super easy to install. its like taking out ur d16 and putting it back in, its all plug and play, u gotta switch 3 wires only, well play with the pins. theres alot of websights that tell u how to do this. u can also use stock Si tranny and everything stock. u can use stock Si ecu, but a 89 integra will make the car feel 100% faster. its like night and day when u use the 2 ecu's. the engine will run 300-400 bucks with like 100 bucks for ECU at a wrecker. Then get some oil and odds and end and ull pay around 600-700 right in ur price range. about the clutch, it would b wise to swap in the clutch with the engine out, less clutter, no need to get anything super good like act, u wont have enough power really, so get a stock Si clutch. i ran the shit outa mine until i got my swap and it held up great or get a little better and not have to worry about it. But a ZC, if u get i/h/e and cams u will b in the 14's which is damn good for a lightly modified non-vtec 1.6L

i agree with sleeper. go with a zc, its a good motor and there is plenty to do to make it quick. sucks about your car. also another thing you could do is get another motor just like yours and play around with it. granted d series are a lot of money to make decently quick they are a lot of fun.

hey thanks for the imput. but where in my local area, northern West Virginia, or at lleast somewhere near could i find a reasonable zc engine? is the zc engine a dohc vtec... or just dohc? well thanks again
later

Originally posted by ajcivicsi@Jan 29 2003, 04:50 PM
hey thanks for the imput. but where in my local area, northern West Virginia, or at lleast somewhere near could i find a reasonable zc engine? is the zc engine a dohc vtec... or just dohc? well thanks again
later

ZC is just DOHC,no vtec it is a decent motor,but for the price your working with it's going to be tough,even more so if you have to have it shipped.If you really need to get your car running start in the junkyards or get on the internet and LOOK around alot,you may get lucky.

Back