best header for my poor setup? lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

APEXi

hey guys, wot u guys think would be the best header for my set up? b18c1 with just an inkate, catback and decat? pretty poor setup i kno but i've only jus got the motor in lol i preffably want a 4-1 header without taking a huge chunk out of my wallet. i got around 400$ i want to spend, wot would be the best header for my set up? jdm itr?

thanks

let me tell you...you can spend the money on a dc or buy a megan racing one...i have a 4-1 focuz ebay $99 header...and i pulled a 14.2 all motor with 9.8:1 CR in my lsv.....if you want to extract every single hp out of it...go ahead and buy the $300+ header....but if its for the street i would buy what ever...

i work very hard for my cash...but the dc is a great header

btw my boy has the jdm dc 4-1 and my tubing is just as big....we took his car to the dyno and by putting my header on his car....he lost 1hp and 2lb of torque....he paid $300 i paid $99... you be the judge

You can get the AN-R header for $530, and its one of the most badass headers out there. They claim 15-20hp on a stock motor (with exhaust and intake). Its a lot like the Bisimoto one; its cheaper and probably not quite as well made, but it is $700 less.

If you like looks, go for a DC sports header.

If you don't care about looks, get a dc sports knock off from ebay. I've put one on a D16 and one on a b18. I port matched 'em, but other than that, the didn't need any work.

The knockoffs are usually the exact same piping and bends as the dc, but with a crappy looking flange and sloppy welds. As far as exhaust gas is concerned, it is exactly the same.

i've had decent luck with ebay headers

its actually cheaper to buy a whole header than it is to buy either stock replacement manifold, or downpipe from auto zone...

i've put a pacesetter on my brother in laws 89 accord, ebay header on a 91 lx accord, and ebay header on my 90 d16z6 hatch, ebay header on H22 in my integra

all have worked well, no problems with them, but i upgraded to greddy on the H22 and turbo on the Z6 so i couldn;t tell you long term issues...

Back