Best Mods for stock 00' civic ex?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

exact prices are always different

depends on the place you go for the install... if they sell you the engine... the history of the engine... the demaand for the engine

I was looking on e-bay and i found a JDM H22A Prelude 2.2L VTEC Engine
The highest bid was $1202 and i was wondering if this engines would fit my 00' civic? It seems like a great deal, but would this engine be too big and/or too heavy?

I've never heard about H22's breaking down alot. The only reason you'd snap axles is if you're heavily building it and use stock axles. It's 2.2L and has 161 ft-lbs of torque stock. You start getting up around 200 ft-lbs, you're damn straight you're going to break axles. However, I'm running minor mods on my H22, and I haven't broken an axle in the year that I've had it, and that includes going to the track.

It would seem that the H22 would be the best motor for the price. I'm not going to do a lot of racing, this car is my daily driver so would this engine still be ok? I would have to get preformance axels and new engine mounts for this to work?

Originally posted by wakolako1129@Nov 13 2002, 12:09 PM
So this engines would be ok for a daily driver

Yes it will be fine but you are going to have to do some suspention mods because of the weight. If you are on a limited budget, good luck. The h22 may look cheap but there are alot of things that you have to do to it to make it drivable and work

it doesn't weigh all that much more i was once told but i dont know for sure.

Back