best turbo ap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DenkiEx

hey guys looking for a lil tech opinion, what would you guys suggest as the best turbo for a d series engine, i was going to do a ls swap for my uti school project but got talked into sticking with my d series, any help would be appreciated . thanks :ph34r:

Originally posted by DenkiEx@Jun 4 2005, 10:40 AM
hey guys looking for a lil tech opinion, what would you guys suggest as the best turbo for a d series engine, i was going to do a ls swap for my uti school project but got talked into sticking with my d series, any help would be appreciated . thanks :ph34r:
[post=507770]Quoted post[/post]​

if u want to make this type of power...this looks like a good setup..this is in a Ek coupe

D16y8 turbo EK coupe

you should buy my turbo

perfect for a D series.

60/48 t3

It's just a decent turbo in general, doesn't have to be mine.

I would go with a z6 if your staying with the d series.

Get a TD04L out of a wrx..thats what i got :thumbsup:

I have a D16Z6 going into my car and im gonna buy a T3/T4 hybrid turbo...those are nice but kinda pricy..make sure you get a boost timer and controller thats what I would do.

t3/t4's are way too big for a stock z6. you can make better overall power with a smaller turbo.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 5 2005, 04:30 PM
t3/t4's are way too big for a stock z6. you can make better overall power with a smaller turbo.
[post=508194]Quoted post[/post]​

ya but thats why you buy a electronic boost controller...doesn't have to run 16 psi all the time :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 6 2005, 08:20 AM
right....

you just proved to the world that you know nothing about turbo systems.
[post=508472]Quoted post[/post]​

He needs a lesson in reading compressor maps, and rpm range to turbo size efficiency.

Back