betcha can't figure this out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

I am stumped. My car's water pump broke the other morning on the way to school so i get it towed home. i drove my car off of the flatbed and into my parking spot so i know that it was running whenever i parked it. I replace my water pump with a 19 tooth integra ls version ( the original was a 22 tooth). I lined up the white mark on the pulley with the little arrow on the cover and both "up" marks on hte cam gears are pointing up and the little notches are pointing at each other. i go to start the car and all it does it turn over but doesn't start. i get out and get the crank pulley back to TDC and check the cam gears and they are perfect. so now i take the wire off of my distributor that runs from my coil, and i put a peice of metal in there so when i put it next to the block, there should be sparks. i get my grandmother to come outside and i tell her to turn the engine over and when she does i see little blue sparks, so i have spark. Now i put my keys in the ignition and put it to the on position and can hear the main relay and the fuel pump. Next i check all the fuses beside the battery and they all look good. The last thing i tried was unhooking the ecu and waiting for about a minute and plugging it back up and that didn't work either. Now my battery is dead from so many attempted starts. What could be wrong with my motor?!?!?

Any input welcome
thanks

I looked at all of the fuses beside the battery again and noticed a 7.5 amp fuse beside the ecu fuse was busted. does anyone know what the "back up'" fuse does?

it is to the right of the ecu fuse. i replaced the backup fuse with another 7.5 amp one and the chipped p28 didnt do anything, and then i tried to use the stock p30 and still nothing. Shouldn't the p30 be able to at least start the car or are my 450's to big?

How can i test to see if the injectors are getting current? voltmeter?

ok, i took out the #1 sparkplug and ground it to the block to see spark. i had a decent charge in my battery too. Now when the motor is turning over when the battery is good, there will be no spark. But when it starts to die and the motor isn't turning over as fast, it will spark. why is this? could it be the distributor?

could be just a cap and rotor...i hate when people say "I just changed it, it's brand new"...i don't give a shit, shit happens all the time at any given time...check everything...it could even be your plugs or the wires.

well i just broke down and got a new distributor. i have been having problems with my ignition but an msd coil and ignition box kinda helped it out. but it still missfired in 2nd and 3rd gear above 6k rpm. hopefully the new distro will solve the problem and make my power band smoother(my dyno graph was very "jittery").

Originally posted by b16coupe@Jan 22 2005, 05:24 PM
Shouldn't the p30 be able to at least start the car or are my 450's to big?

[post=449696]Quoted post[/post]​

FYI: I have yet to see a car not start because of tire size.

Originally posted by BlackFrog+Jan 27 2005, 04:21 PM-->
@Jan 22 2005, 05:24 PM
Shouldn't the p30 be able to at least start the car or are my 450's to big?

[post=449696]Quoted post[/post]​

FYI: I have yet to see a car not start because of tire size.
[post=452210]Quoted post[/post]​

uhh i think hes talking about injectors, lol

but you should have replaced your water pump with the correct one. im not saying it wont work, but its always better to have all your parts match.

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you are saying but i was taking bout my 450cc injectors being too big because the p30 thought they would be 240cc and the pulse would be too high. not the nitto 450's. I'm not that dumb

but you should have replaced your water pump with the correct one. im not saying it wont work, but its always better to have all your parts match.

Yeah, i tried to get one for a 94 civic del sol vtec but the parts places around here drive me apeshit. I called autozone and asked if they had a water pump for a 94 civic del sol vtec, and they asked if it was a dels sol S or regular del sol. So i tell them vtec and the guy says "vtec is the engine". I tell him that i knew that but that was also what it is called and he said he had it. So i drive to auto zone and he gets out the water pump and it isnt right, i guess it was for a d-series but i just left. I drive over to advance auto and ask them and they said that they would have to order it, so i order it and come back the next day. the next day i go there and give them my reciept and they give me this huge v8 pump and im like "this isnt right". I tell the dude that it is the wrong pump and he says that honda didnt come out with vtec until 95, i dont even try to correct him and i ask if it could have possibly been shipped to the other advance auto in town. So he calls over to the other one and they tell him that it was shipped over there. I drive over to the other one and the dude gets out some other pump that isnt right. by this time I am going crazy and I tell him to just give me a 94 integra ls pump and that is why i ended up with that.

Back