Biggest Lies Told by Car Sales People

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In other news, the Evo passed with flying colors. Said it was one of the cleanest 8's they have seen in a while. :)

:werd: Same for me and the Jetta on my 70k check up :):

IbBdB.jpg

A long time ago, my ex test drove a Subaru Baja. After the test drive, it dumped it's coolant all over the parking lot. The dealer said "Yeah, Subarus do that sometimes".

I'm not sure if he thought the sale was still going on or not. Brand new too, less than 100 miles on it.

the first dealer i visited (lundgren motor group) when looking for a new car...

asked the sales guys if they drove hondas. nope, mercedes, infiniti, lexus, all on leases. none of them drove hondas. why? slow and overpriced. really? :)

second place (harr toyota) atleast they all drove toyota/lexus.

but i can't say that any of them were jerks. i wasn't pushed to buy a car.

I never ran into any pressure from a sales man when I was car shopping. I only get the pressure like B16 did above when I got my car serviced. Super annoying. There was a Mercedes/Toyota dealership I'd get my car serviced at in college (complimentary with first 24,000 miles) and they'd always try and sweet talk me into a C-Class after they gave me one for a loaner car while mine was getting the tires rotated and oil changed(always a whole day deal).

Yeah let me buy a $16k new car and then jump into a new $30+k car 1 year after the fact.....

day ordeal for an oil change / tire rotation? wow.

my dealer will rotate my tires, change my oil, top off fluids, give me a quick written inspection and wash the car in about 1.5 hours. granted, this was my first "service" but we will see what happens next time.

day ordeal for an oil change / tire rotation? wow.

my dealer will rotate my tires, change my oil, top off fluids, give me a quick written inspection and wash the car in about 1.5 hours. granted, this was my first "service" but we will see what happens next time.

Well it was usually more convenient when going to school full time and working full time to just drop it off in the AM and pick it up in the PM. I could schedule it, but it'd be during the day at an odd time and would take an hour or two. I think also because it was free they just wanted to work my car into the mix. Probably took less than 20 minutes, but I didn't care, I'd take a loaner and mob around town all day.

Back