blank dvd-r disks questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
im just curious, on a dvd-r disk can you i mp3s on them and play them in the cd/mp3 player of my truck? would i need a dvd burner or can i just use my existing cd burner? oh and i would be using Nero Burning ROM...

thanks!

you would need a dvd burner and a special cd plaer that plays dvds. Brian has one in the sti i think. Pretty expensive though.

you need a dvd burner and a player than reads dvd's.

so your answer is double no.

buy a dvd burner, and the jvc player with gigamp3

yes you can burn MP3's to a dvd-r +r or -r disc. be aware because there are 2 different formats. most pc's that you buy WITH dvd burning capability are -r. burners are pretty cheap nowadays :) lite-on 8x dvd-rw +r format are on sale at walmart for 65 bucks. and it comes with NTI's cd/dvd making software. its pretty good.

you need a headunit that plays it in either one of the specified formats above to play mp3 dvd-r's. nero can burn them for you.

If you're looking for a dvd burner, I highly recommend the NEC 3540A or the BenQ1640. In terms of burning quality, they are almost, if not, on par with the more expensive Plextors and Pioneers. They can be had for around $40.00. As for burning software, Im sure demonoid or someone on this forum can help you out. :ph34r:

Oh yeah, ditto on the DVD reading headunits. I was looking at one from JVC also, might be the one B is talking about. I know someone here had it. It readings almost everykind of disc, but Im not sure which codecs it supports. It was around $300.

Either this one:
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MOD...athId=58&page=3

Or the model up. But the bad thing about this particular model is I heard you can't resume where you left off. The songs restarts from the beginning. Gay.

Back