Creating VCD's for normal DVD player

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
ok, so here's the situation...
i have received a couple movies recently and I am attempting to burn them onto ordinary burnable cds with the ultimate goal of being able to play them on a normal dvd player on my house tv...

while experimenting I have acquired nero, isobuster and fireburner...

i was finally able to create a disc using nero that would play on my computers dvd player at work... (thanks :cool:

took the disc home and its saying invalid disc in both my dvd player and PS2
my previous dvd player would read burned cd's open folders/directories and play mp3's or mpg files saved on the disc (pr0n)

so is my dvd player a heap of shit or am i not burning these cd's correctly?

anyone know anything about this?

ok, so lets say i already have the movie in .bin/.cue file

whats the best way to make a cd that will play on a dvd player?

what format do most normal dvd players read?

will a dvd player play .mpg? or .avi?

vcd and dvd are two totally different formats. in order to play vcds in a dvd player, the dvd player itself has to support the format and ps2s DO NOT support vcds. most sonys, phillips, and toshibas ive used are able too. shitty ones like symphonic or cyberhome or whatever kind of shit walmart sells wont cut it. only the old apex ones they used to did and i still have one, great also. a really cheap decent player is the phillips that plays divx. its like 40 bucks now and it will play just about anything. there are minor gripes about it, but its still great.

that being said, if you have a vcd already and want to make copies, just copy the cd with nero or whatever. if you an avi file and want to make a vcd, use nero. go to make vcd under the cd category and click and drag. nero will convert the .avi to vcd and it will play on a player that supports it.

if you want the .avi file to play on most dvd players, make a dvd. again, use nero and make a dvd. just click and drag and it will convert. i think a dvd will hold about 700-800mb of avi file. it up convert it to mpeg2 and will result in 4.5gbs or so.

if you have the bin/cue file, use isobuster or daemon tools. rip it out and convert to .avi. then convert to .mpeg2. most dvd players only read .mpeg and not .avi.

vcd and dvd are two totally different formats. in order to play vcds in a dvd player, the dvd player itself has to support the format and ps2s DO NOT support vcds. most sonys, phillips, and toshibas ive used are able too. shitty ones like symphonic or cyberhome or whatever kind of shit walmart sells wont cut it. only the old apex ones they used to did and i still have one, great also. a really cheap decent player is the phillips that plays divx. its like 40 bucks now and it will play just about anything. there are minor gripes about it, but its still great.

that being said, if you have a vcd already and want to make copies, just copy the cd with nero or whatever. if you an avi file and want to make a vcd, use nero. go to make vcd under the cd category and click and drag. nero will convert the .avi to vcd and it will play on a player that supports it.

if you want the .avi file to play on most dvd players, make a dvd. again, use nero and make a dvd. just click and drag and it will convert. i think a dvd will hold about 700-800mb of avi file. it up convert it to mpeg2 and will result in 4.5gbs or so.

if you have the bin/cue file, use isobuster or daemon tools. rip it out and convert to .avi. then convert to .mpeg2. most dvd players only read .mpeg and not .avi.

wow, very good info here
my old dvd player was an apex from walmart but it started getting all fucked up and skipping/starting over...
you know any way to fix that problem?

my new dvd player was given to me by a friend, its a whole "surround sound" system from walmart so that explains why it won;t play

i appreciate your knowledge, now i can stop driving myself crazy
lol
thanks

Back