Blockbuster online or Netflix?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

I'm about to join one of these Online movie renting companies..

Can you guys tell me your experiance with both or reviews you have heard about them?

I never had a problem with Netflix and I've been with them for about 3 years now. Good service and fast shipping. :thumbsup:

I use Netflix... I love it...

From what I hear, Blockbuster online has a better layout though... Like if you want more recommendation type stuff of new releases, but to me, Netflix works great!

lol.

I have heard good things about NetFlix...only downside I have heard is that sometimes the new movies have a waiting list, and it may take a while to get specific ones.

block buster is the same way. you have to wait for newer movies unless you get them first, lol

what i usually do is, when i see a movie is in theatres that I want to see, i put it on my queue... LOL... :) That way I'm always up there... :)

But then again, I also have 40 movies in my queue at any time... :)

i'm not farmilliar with netflix, but..

sign up for blockbuser, you get a free 2 week trial.. once a month they will send you 2 free in store coupons too. and it's $15/month

i have blockbuster. Its $15 a month and you get 2 free instore rentals. So what I do is rent games with the coupons. It costs $13 to rent two games. So i pay $2 a month for the rentals online. The only thing i remember about netflix is the movies were coming shipped from hollywoood CA and it took over a week for turnaround time. They might have changed though it was a long time ago.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 12 2005, 05:52 AM
Is it really that hard to actually go rent movies?
[post=511333]Quoted post[/post]​

Netflix is nice for a few reasons...

#1. Don't have to go to the store to rent (In my case 15+ miles)
#2. Don't have to go to the store to return the rental by a certain time
#3. Online rentals don't have a due date... Keep them as long as you want... Which is good for my wife and I, because we don't alwyas
#4. You can setup a queue... So lets say there are about 10 movies you want to see... You put them in your queue.. They send you 1, 2, & 3... Watch them at your leisure, then mail each one back individually, and they will automatically send you the next ones in your queue.

I guess, I am used to Austin, where there are about twenty rental spots every mile.

i haven't rented a movie in years... i usually just buy them, and if i dont like it, i'll ebay it. it ends up costing about the same as a rental anyway. :p

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 12 2005, 05:52 AM
Is it really that hard to actually go rent movies?
[post=511333]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

I'm with B on this one. I just buy my DVD's. If I want to preview it, i'll find it at Demonoid or Limewire.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 13 2005, 09:14 AM
i haven't rented a movie in years... i usually just buy them, and if i dont like it, i'll ebay it. it ends up costing about the same as a rental anyway. :p
[post=511622]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: minus putting em up on ebay if they suck...

Back