blox throttle body + ECU question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ProperRuggie

Hi people, need some assistance!

Got a long term EK project bought not running and now it is! Kinda lol. Just a couple of questions at first though, fitting a blox throttle body, and its not got two of the coolant lines in that were on the standard one. (B18c4). One comes off the IACV and the other from the front of the block. Simply, what do I do with them? I pressume I can loop them in someway but how is best?

Secondly its got a P73 ECU,on it when i bought it. I have replaced the intake and manifold, and with the throttle body as well, what is the best option to optimise the above stuff?

Cheers and I appreciate your help in advance!

The coolant lines are to help warm cold start engines. once warm, it actually has a negative performance effect and is not needed. Lots of guys loop it without issue. Simply take a new run of line, or get a male to male fitting that fits the hose inside diameter and zip to it out of the way. it's just a 'feed -> return' style loop.

p73 is the type R ecu. with these larger air flow items, you'll probably be wanting to add more fuel to the mix as well so you don't run lean. It might be time to convert down to obd1 with a p28 and go with a hondata or other tuneable type system and hit the dyno.

Cheers for the reply! Yeah read about the way it heats the throttle body. So what you're saying is join the two hoses together, so in a sense taking the throttle body out of the equation? Just wondering how that would effect the IACV?

Thanks for the info on the ECU, will keep an eye out for a P28 then! Lol.

On a slightly different note as you have been really helpful, when the engines warm the rev's rise to about 3k when you give it any throttle or you dip the clutch to try and a pull away/change gear. I've found that if you put the clutch in again and blip the throttle again however the revs drop/correct itself.

Did find this out, When I blipped the throttle, (when idling normally) say to 3k, all good and it would settle normally to idle after lifting off. When I barely touched the throttle however that's when the revs would shoot up to over 3k and would need a proper blip to sort itself out. Putting the clutch in, still made the revs rise.

Done what I can think of, plus researched. (Cleaning IACV, vacuum leaks etc) Got a new TPS when I got the throttle body, as a slight hope. Anything I missed? With the coolant line first question, is looping likely to make a difference to this?

Sorry to go on but once I get this sorted its going for welding and the roll cage :)

Cheers fella.

Back