Bolt Wont Budge!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

Im trying to take off the ac compressor drivebelt. I try to loosen the bolt from the adjutable idler pulley, and I just cant seem to get it to budge "Im turning it to the right" Ive tried spraying wd40 on it, but it doesnt seem to make a differance. Does anyone have any suggestions to loosening the bolt, or a different approach to removing the belt?

Thanks ;)

no, but i extended my wrench, by attaching it to a hollo metal broom stick for more leverage. But didnt move an inch.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 11 2003, 02:19 PM
You need air tools.

im looking into getting some air tools since ive just about convinced my dad to let me do a swap. an impact wrench and an air ratchet is what i was thinking. anyone have any suggestions as far as brands and good compressors?

This is for eyesonlybob, since my dumbass doesn't know how to include your questions on this page.
If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg on Snap-ons or Matco, there's a brand call IR (Ingersoll Rand) that makes good air tools. As for your air compressor, any 2-3 HP with about 10gal. reserve would do you. Maybe a Craftsman or a CP for personal use. If you need more advice on tools, let me know I've got some experience on what you need. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by 1_deuceracing@Feb 11 2003, 09:01 PM
This is for eyesonlybob, since my dumbass doesn't know how to include your questions on this page.

This is for 1_dueceracing,hit the qoute tab at the top right of the person you wanna qoutes post :D

Back