Boosting B18c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SolReaver@Jan 13 2003, 04:35 AM

Driver is a fucktard and shouldnt be driving a turbo car anyway.

you'd be suprised at what people get away with :lol:

ok guys i saw the actual article about the car. i was from superstreet (i know the mag is ghey) and heres the specs:

Integra Type R (B18C5)
Stock internals 11:1 compression
HKS Twin Charger System composed of both turbo and supercharger
SC set at 4.5 psi
Turbo set at 16 Psi
HKS F-Con fuel managment system

i could hardly believe it when i saw it. it looked pretty sweet under the hood but i cant imagine the stock pistons and rods taking that much pressure. but i swear thats exactly what the article said, and it had pics to back it up. no hp ratings or anything like that, but it said they were gonna put it up on the dyno sometime in the near future. this sounds crazy to me.personally i think it will blow up if they push it. also what was funny was it was riced out like a mother. custom everything, body kit, $10k headlights, custom upholstery, big ass sound system, and different rims on each side of the car, and to top it off, a big ass wing on the back that was almost as tall as if not taller than the car. they called it the Maguiers car or something. let me know what you guys think.

High compression and pressure spikes with boost are haarrrrd on a motor. The law of diminishing returns comes on quick. There is no amount of engine management out there that is going to refute thermodynamics. :unsure: Every boosted race team runs low compression for a reason. All three of the supercharged, not turboed, (only 5 psi here) type-R's around here came in on hooks with blown motors because of COMPRESSION RATIO.

i understand exactly what your trying to say, and i agree with your 100%, but i have seen this, and i still cant belive it. and high compression with boost is possible, its just harder to tune. but even tho this car does have this setup, i bet they havent driven it hard at all, prolly drivin it like a granny, cuz i still say that it will blow once they push it hard. i dont think the stock pistons and rods can take the pressure.

Back