bought 00 si harness and ecu and 1 plug doesnt fit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

g24jr

i bought a 00 si ecu and a 00 wiring harness and the green ecu plug doesnt fit into the ecu and (is it suppose to be filled with only half the wires) someone who has a stock 00 si harness please send me pics or something and tell me how many wires their harness has on each ecu plug
thanks

Originally posted by g24jr@May 25 2005, 01:06 AM
i bought a 00 si ecu and a 00 wiring harness and the green ecu plug doesnt fit into the ecu and (is it suppose to be filled with only half the wires) someone who has a stock 00 si harness please send me pics or something and tell me how many wires their harness has on each ecu plug
thanks
[post=503262]Quoted post[/post]​

The green plug doesn't go into the ecu.

Only plugs A, B, and C should be present in an '00 Si harness.

Is it a small green plug its probably the ecu service plug. If its a large green plug its for an automatic transmission. (which means that you do not have a 00 si harness, because 99-00 si did not ever come with auto trannys)

i have a 00 civic Si harness and it has a bigger green plug and it doesnt plug into the ecu either, no it is not auto.
My guess was that maybe it plugs into the car somewhere, and another plug comes down into the ecu.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@May 25 2005, 03:16 PM
i have a 00 civic Si harness and it has a bigger green plug and it doesnt plug into the ecu either, no it is not auto.
My guess was that maybe it plugs into the car somewhere, and another plug comes down into the ecu.
[post=503464]Quoted post[/post]​
You are correct. It is not an auto only plug, it is a junction plug that goes to different underdash components and the fuse panel.

Confirm that you received both the OBD2b harnesses.

What kind of car do you have???
This would help us help you more....

Back