Bought a auto JDM LS,HELP......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Samuels

I went today to get a JDM LS motor. I wanted a 5speed but forgot to tell them that. I had told them that last week but they probably forgot or I talked to someone different then who I got it from today,honestly I just got in a hurry and had a brainfart. I took the motor to my mechanic who in return calls me tonight and says hey did you know this was a automatic motor. The motor also had a broken TPS and the harnesses were chopped to death. This is a well respected shop so i'm gonna call them tommorow probably won't help though because that stuff 9 out of 10 times is'nt covered..
How bad is the JDM automatic cams gonna hurt my setup??
I'm running a t3-t4 60 trim 56intake 60exhaust with a full 3inch DP and exhaust. Its a stock JDM LS motor and will be running 8-9psi..

I have extra 5 speed cams should I have them put in??
Should I install my JG cam gears or are they useless??

Somebody help me...

Can I just swap the 5spd cams for the auto's with no other valvetrain upgrade??

never have i heard of an automatic motor. anything ive ever seen or worked on was always the same..... i hope someone clarifys this.

maybe a sensor or two more on one motor. but no physical difference!

:dry:

:yes: the cams are different
:yes: you can replace them with 5 speed ones
:no: you probably wont notice a differrence witht the auto cams on a boosted setup

Back