Brake conversion done....or is it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

Well to get the B16 into the rex I had to put on new hubs. The back drums wernt cutting it so I switched to 93 rear disc. My brakes work great but i have to push my pedal way down. Someone told me that since my trim is HF the master cylender (?spelling) is to small. Anyone know about this?

i just did this swap as well, there are pics and hwat not in the link in my sig

I switched to a 91 ex 15/16 mc and it made a huge difference. Also id upgrade to the 4040 proportioning valve from an integra as well to get the full potential of your rear disks. Otherwise they arent getting any more pressure than ur stock rear drums.

My brake pedal is now wonderful and it brakes awesome

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Sep 1 2005, 06:19 PM
Also id upgrade to the 4040 proportioning valve from an integra as well to get the full potential of your rear disks. Otherwise they arent getting any more pressure then ur stock rear drums.
[post=548453]Quoted post[/post]​

ive always wondered about this statement, since a stock 90-91 crx si (which has rear discs stock) has a 4020 prop valve.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 1 2005, 07:46 PM-->
Speedracer228
@Sep 1 2005, 06:19 PM
Also id upgrade to the 4040 proportioning valve from an integra as well to get the full potential of your rear disks.  Otherwise they arent getting any more pressure then ur stock rear drums.
[post=548453]Quoted post[/post]​

ive always wondered about this statement, since a stock 90-91 crx si (which has rear discs stock) has a 4020 prop valve.
[post=548482]Quoted post[/post]​

smaller rear discs maybe, need less pressure?

okay so say im at the junk yard. What car would be the best to rob the master off of? I was thinking of going back to the teg that i got my front hubs from and take that one. The pedal is fine and stops great it just goes down farther then i would like

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 2 2005, 02:16 AM
okay so say im at the junk yard. What car would be the best to rob the master off of? I was thinking of going back to the teg that i got my front hubs from and take that one. The pedal is fine and stops great it just goes down farther then i would like
[post=548648]Quoted post[/post]​

master cylinder and booster from 94+ gsr or 98+ itr. full 1". or atleast the prop valve and master cyl. from 90-93 integra.

Originally posted by brian11to1+Sep 2 2005, 05:04 AM-->
drpenguin
@Sep 2 2005, 02:16 AM
[post=548648]Quoted post[/post]​

atleast the prop valve and master cyl. from 90-93 integra.
[post=548662]Quoted post[/post]​

the prop valve from a 90-93 teg yes, the master cylinder, NO!! Unless you plan on swapping to the integra brake booster also, the integra master will not work. it does not bolt to the CRX booster. you need the master from a 91 civic EX.

Back