Brake Pads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nopspawn

My brake pads are starting to wear down, and I'm looking to get some new ones soon. I just don't know which are really good. I have a 98 Integra, and it's pretty much a daily driver and occasinally a weekend warrior. I hear that Hawks are pretty good. Would the HPS Street fullfill my needs, or should I get the HP Plus? Thanks for your time guys.

I've heard great things about both. I run the HPS Street on my 96 LS with brembo blanks and I am well beyond happy with it. No brake fade under street conditions, very stable and even braking coming out of the triple digits. I'm sure for autocross the HP+ would be a better pad, but I've yet to put the HPS past their capabilities just driving around on backroads.

for street use get the HPS
the HP+ can be a little annoying
they are VERY grabby
they are VERY noisy
they are VERY dusty

i run the HP+ im willing to deal with those issues to have incredible braking power... most people would be pissed off / annoyed by it

other things to consider the HP+ brake better at a little higher temps. On cold stops, the braking isn't completely up there. But once they heat up, they grab nice.

There are alot of good pads to consider. Hawks are great. I am a big fan of Cobalt Frictions. For a good street pad, I use there GT sports. They are a Solo2/light HPDE pad. Solo2 pads are designed to have a High coeffeinct of friction so they still grab well at lower temps.

As e said, if your looking for better braking, you may have to deal with issues like sqeeky brake pads and alot of dust. IMO, I can deal with dust and sqeeky pads for better braking.

My vote for a street pad is the EBC greenstuff pads. Both the Hawk HP, and the EBC redstuff pads take a while to warm up, which could be dangerous on the street, so rule those out.

Either the Hawk HPS or the EBC Greenstuff will do well on stock Honda rotors.

i run the HP+ on the street and have no problems what so ever when they are cold
they have great grip when cold
yes they do get better as they get hotter
but NO the HP+ do not need to be warmed up before they offer effective stopping power

Back