Brake System Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

QMaze

What is the best way to go about upgrading brakes on my 90 Civic SI? There has been so many articles around there must be one solution that gives the best results using Honda parts of course, not Brembo kits and such.

So far I've heard CRX rear discs on the rear and 91 EX sedan front brakes. Then I've read Integra rear and Integra front. What are the exact parts required? Brake boosters? PValves?

Seems to be so many solutions but I want a proven front and rear upgrade that still retains all the Honda reliability and of course no compromise on the brakes not performing properly. I searched here but found no techy stickies so I thought I'd ask.

:blink:

Shoot wrong topic forum, can a mod put this in the brake category, this appears to be an engine swap topic, sry. Thx

no dont do that. thats to let gasses exscape from inbetween the rotor and pad but it also has less surface area to grab on to. now aftermarket good pads dont produce that much gases.

But don't you think 4-wheel discs give a much better brake force and feel over stock rear drum setup?

I know on my PT Cruiser the 4 wheel discs feel fantastic. But if there is not a big difference converting over then its not worth and merely upgrading the current system with better products is the way to go, and easier.

Thank you.

ive heard and read that drums have better braking force than discs, but discs look so much better behing open spoked rimz dawg...

i'd spring for the disc conversion, it isnt too hard to do.

I did a break swap on my CRX but it was to fit the B16 in. I took DA front brakes from a 91 and put them in. I also robbed a 93 SI of its erar disk. I think thats the way to go if your trying to stay honda and under $300

Quoted post[/post]]
ive heard and read that drums have better braking force than discs, but discs look so much better behing open spoked rimz dawg...

i'd spring for the disc conversion, it isnt too hard to do.

drums do have better froce but they heat up and fade mucccccch mucccch quicker then disk. prolly won't affect auto-xing to muching but for anything more (canyon runs, & trark days) the disk will prolly really help alot, but frist go for pads and fluid. just pads and fluid will improve your breaking all around. defenatly the best way to go if ur on a budget.

Take into account the brake bias as well. I belive the front supplies most of the braking force, I will do some looking around to confirm that.

Back