Brembo Brakes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigdsol

Hey, I'm putting a B18C5 into my del Sol and want to be able to stop after getting up to speed, makes sense right? So I want to get the full Brembo Gran Turismo kit. Not concerned about the cost, cause I will NOT do anything half assed. I have 16" Enkei 5+ rims, what size rotors would I need or could I get away with, etc.

Any help is appreciated... Thanks, DSmiley

look into a woodward (is that the name) brake set, the entire thing cost about 700 and that is with steel brake lines. To stop a honda does not take much, just some slotted disks and some good pads (hawk are good) and ss brake lines. Yours is a del Sol SI right, then you have the 4 wheel discs, just upgrade the parts and you will be fine.

brembo slotted rotors and hawk pads will be plenty for most driving conditions ... if you need more stopping power the wilwood brake kit is great and inexpensive.... the brembo kit is great too but costs a lot... i wouldnt bother with the AEM

you should be able to get a 12" rotor under those rims

Yes, I have the Si Sol.. but I'm assuming with the C5 + 75 nitrous I'm going to have a substantially higher top end. The rotors in my Sol with the stock calipers I'm not happy with as is, I want to put something extensive on there to assure me I'm going to have the braking power when its needed. Like I sad, I'm not concerned about the cash all that much, cause I'd rather drop a whole paycheck and have it done 200% then drop half of a check and not have the right feeling.

i would highly warn you to not put NO2 in a typeR, not a good engine to juice, The highcompression with NO2 will blow that engine to peices with just small mistakes in tunning. Basicly you will be wasting a perfect NA engine.

welp then your choices are:
Wilwood---- $700
Brembo---- $2300

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 11:05 PM
look into a woodward (is that the name) brake set, the entire thing cost about 700 and that is with steel brake lines. To stop a honda does not take much, just some slotted disks and some good pads (hawk are good) and ss brake lines. Yours is a del Sol SI right, then you have the 4 wheel discs, just upgrade the parts and you will be fine.

Wildwood mang, Woodward is a BMX location in PA :)

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jan 7 2003, 12:24 AM
Wildwood mang, Woodward is a BMX location in PA :)

And i know that too because my little bro is a skater punk and he wants to go to there so bad. I just could not think of the name

heh, funny BMX should get brought into one of my posts... I ride. Eh, back to topic =oP

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 7 2003, 02:39 AM
don't forget it's for skaters and faggot fruit booters too :p . i'd go wilwood or aem..

fuck yeah.... ive never went down, but i'd like to find the time

i use the wilwood big brake kit up front with a honda oem rear disc conversion. the wilwood 4 pot calipers and their 13" rotors are just wonderful, the car stops on a dime. you can even run 15" wheels with this setup. feel free to PM me if you have any questions about them.

EDIT:
(had to throw in the pic ;) )
s3db46ce21b114.jpg

i thought long and hard about gettnig a willwood setup...

whats up with the rotors-- are they use & toss like all other x-drilled, or can they be resurfaced?

cuz right now- i need brakes. my rears are squeeling-- practically metal on metal on the RR corner. I'm going to have move on this like now.

i was pretty set on brembo blanks (fuck slotted or x-drilled) and hawk hp+ pads.

you know what- fuck. i have 14" steelies :(
never mind

lol, i'm not sure about the rotors to tell you the truth... i imagine they are throw away because they are 2 piece? or maybe they're just 2 piece to keep production costs down, use same rotors for all kits... 14" s will not work meng.

i recommend going with with brembo slotted rotors. I have a b18c5 in my '90 integra and i have brembo slotted rotors all around matched with stock calipers loaded with Hawk HP+ pads. I also have goodridge lines and ATE fluid. basically the entire brake kit that colletti motorsports offers, except for the slotted rotors. i got those mostly for looks. the kit from colletti's comes with blank rotors. the gran turismo kit is for race purposes only. it is very impractical to use on a daily driven car. it is designed to provide maximum stopping power and efficiency while withstanding extreme temperatures assosciated with high speed endurance racing. The calipers alone cost close to $1,000 each! Also, don't even bother with drilled rotors, they can warp as soon as 5 months. Slotted will also wear faster than the blanks, but they will function better. as for calipers, you could see if you could upgrade to the acura legend dual-piston calipers. a lot of honda accord owners have been performing this conversion lately. i haven't heard any results yet unfortunately. trust me on this, i sell these parts every day.

Back