Bro-build, boosted 90 hf crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

any car meets this weekend up in that area. i might try to go to one. bring the sol out somewhere new.

lol cold does not bother me but alright. car loves the cold haha.
at mirage im ignoring the bitches part

The wheels and tires look much better. Next step should be a hood, then paint, then it'll be looking pretty sweet.

What's the sizing on the wheels? Offset? Tires? Camber?

35 degrees, 3-6 inches of snow expected tomorrow through thursday.

it was 31 degrees here last night and i was in jeans and a short sleeve shop shirt.
i generally drive the wife to work at 6:45am(mid 30's) in shorts and a hoodie.

Thanks! 205/40-15 is a little short isn't it? What's the camber like?

nah they fit pretty decent, and the camber int 2 bad, I honestly dont know the camber adjustment

33863_557290160963529_1077232392_n.jpg

On 15" wheels the sidewall of a 195/50 is OEM for height and overall tire circumference for the 4th generation Civics. 195/50 = 97.5 mm sidewall height. 205/40 = 82 mm sidewall height. The circumference of that setup is less than OEM or "Short" for the overall gearing. On my ride I went to 205/45-16 which is just a bit taller than stock to correct the speedometer error.

For camber, the picture appears to be way off on the front and off on the rear with excessive negative camber numbers. Stock there is no adjustment for camber on these models. To correct rear camber, when it's negative as it appears for this ride is simple. Just pull the bolts on the upper rear arms and put some washers under them to shim out the arms.

For the front, there are a couple of different aftermarket kits that will work.

Judging from the pictures, it should be corrected to steer correctly, especially under power, and for optimal tire wear.

Last edited:
On 15" wheels the sidewall of a 195/50 is OEM for height and overall tire curcumference for the 4th generation Civics. 195/50 = 97.5 mm sidewall height. 205/40 = 82 mm sidewall height. The circumference of that setup is less than OEM or "Short" for the overall gearing. On my ride I went to 205/45-16 which is just a bit taller than stock to correct the speedometer error.

For camber, the picture appears to be way off on the front and off on the rear with excessive negative camber numbers. Stock there is no adjustment for camber on these models. To correct rear camber, when it's negative as it appears for this ride is simple. Just pull the bolts on the upper rear arms and put some washers under them to shim out the arms.

Judging from the pictures, it should be corrected to steer correctly, especially under power, and for optimal tire wear.

thanks for the info man, I will deff put it to good use

nah they fit pretty decent, and the camber int 2 bad, I honestly dont know the camber adjustment

Nice pic! So you really are running 205/40- that's over an inch (21.4) less than where you're supposed to be for a stock Civic (22.7), and almost 2 inches less than where you're supposed to be for a B series transmission (23.4). A 205/50-15 would get you right to 23.0-23.1 inches, which is where most people go for the optimum gearing and contact patch.

On 15" wheels the sidewall of a 195/50 is OEM for height and overall tire curcumference for the 4th generation Civics. 195/50 = 97.5 mm sidewall height. 205/40 = 82 mm sidewall height. The circumference of that setup is less than OEM or "Short" for the overall gearing. On my ride I went to 205/45-16 which is just a bit taller than stock to correct the speedometer error.

Yeah, camber looks pretty high honestly. I'm running high negative camber on the S2000, but not as much as this CRX. I'm going to guess the front is in the -3 degree range. Correction to positive will make the tires poke out of the fenders.

Back