Broken Throttle Position Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vexamus

Hey all, real quick..

The TPS on my Euro R swap is busted(the connector). I have good wireing and machining skills. Werd on the street is I have to buy a whole throttle body to get a new sensor. Can anyone point me in the direction where I may be able to purchase a new sensor by itself??? I'd rather like to avoid shelling out 500 or so bucks for a new TB. If I could just get the sensor, it can't be that complicated to install(it's a pot with a lever, I mean, c'mon...). Please let me know asap. The engine is to go in on valentines day.

So I need a TPS for a 2001 H22A

Originally posted by Vexamus@Feb 5 2003, 08:54 AM
Hey all, real quick..

The TPS on my Euro R swap is busted(the connector). I have good wireing and machining skills. Werd on the street is I have to buy a whole throttle body to get a new sensor. Can anyone point me in the direction where I may be able to purchase a new sensor by itself??? I'd rather like to avoid shelling out 500 or so bucks for a new TB. If I could just get the sensor, it can't be that complicated to install(it's a pot with a lever, I mean, c'mon...). Please let me know asap. The engine is to go in on valentines day.

So I need a TPS for a 2001 H22A

You cannot buy just a new TPS from the dealer or any other source, those that have told you to buy a whole new t-body are correct.

HOWEVER - You can salvage TPS sensors from other t-body's. Honda was smart in using the same TPS sensor for about 90% of their cars.

I had one, but it is gone now. They sell for approximately $50-100.

They are all adjustable, JDM TB's come with screws that hold the TPS in place while USDM TB's are rivetted inplace. You can have the rivets drilled out a USDM TB, but don't go where I did, they charged me $80 for it. :angry:

The JDM TPS is exactly the same and the USDM, the difference is on the TB. It is how the TPS is mounted to the TB.

Yes fellas, thank you. I already solved my TPS problem(no coversheets here.) I just unscrewed my jdm one and saw how it worked. I'm just gonna rip the one off my F22 when it comes out. Thanks for the info though. Stupid Honda, why the fuk not just sell them individually?

which you can do your self if you have a volt meter.

Back