buddy clubs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chb504

anyone have any suggestions of spring rates for the buddy club racing spec coilovers on a 93 si :blink: ? can u even get different spring rates with the bc :unsure: ? i'll be using the car to auto-x and road race with very minimal daily driving... is it better to have a higher spring rate in the front or a higher rate in the rear???

if you're planning to run R-comp's, i'd recommend 16k/12k F/R
if you're planning to run 150-200-ish UTCG street tires, i'd recommend 14k/10k.

of course, only with a damper actually worth a damn...

and experiences with different front and rear sway bars that u would recommend pissed?? i'm looking into those too

well lots of the EF Civic/CRX guys like to run no or a small HF front sway bar, and atleast a 22mm rear sway bar.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2005, 09:43 AM
i don't believe in sway/strut/tie bars. i have NONE on my car.
[post=532836]Quoted post[/post]​

It's so wierd how people can have different views like this.......

its all about toe, camber and caster.

having proper toe will do more for your car than any bar ever could.

well i think you can't get custom spring rates with the buddy club coilovers... my price range is around 1200 for the coilovers it's looking like right now. any coilovers u reccommend pissed around that range that have "damper worth a damn" :blink:

thanks

not for 1200.

might as well just get a 900 set. theres no real difference in that price range.

most will come with an 8k/6k spring rate in that price range.

if you're building a track vehicle, i wouldn't even consder going less than 12/10, with 14/12 being the better choice....

but no one tends to agree with me, and will tell you tein's are the shit, and that they are too stiff as it is.

so what do i know...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2005, 04:55 PM
its all about toe, camber and caster.

having proper toe will do more for your car than any bar ever could.
[post=532877]Quoted post[/post]​

Those are more important, but sway bars have a huge effect on handling.

i ordered the a-spec racing rearsway, and i'm looking for an itr front sway... i'm thinking about koni yellows+gc sleeves :blink: ...

you said you had the silkroads on your car pissed? can you request certain spring rates with those? and how do you like them?

had them on my 240. loved 'em. i wouldn't bother with sutom spring rates. their inverted design kicks ass and they are matched very well with what they come with out of the box.

that's the rma8 model you had? how was the range of dampening? did you have any problems with them and were they easy to adjust? i take you've been though a few set of coilovers maybe :blink: how did they compare in performance to say... tien ra or any other tien models :unsure:

Originally posted by chb504@Aug 10 2005, 03:23 PM
that's the rma8 model you had? how was the range of dampening? did you have any problems with them and were they easy to adjust? i take you've been though a few set of coilovers maybe :blink: how did they compare in performance to say... tien ra or any other tien models :unsure:
[post=538474]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, the section spec rma8 "section 8" as they are commonly referred to.
no problems at all. easy as pie to adjust.
will probably be a little different on the civic though--- 240's are macphearson strut setups...

i've never driven an RA, so i can't comment on that, but i'll tell you right now that the blow the ever living piss out of the HA's and SS's.

Back