bug i found in my kitchen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
lol, this bug was on a sponge in my kitchen and my roommate picked it up and she didnt see the bug. but when it crawled on her hand she flipped and this badboy run under the counter. some pics for your viewing pleasure :)

gallery_1242_98_1095038348.jpg

anyone know what kinda bug this is? its got about 30 legs, its about 2" long and the location is Morgantown, WV. never seen one of these before. kinda freaky looking with 30 long ass legs.

JD and others with bug phobias, rest assured, hes dead and i even have pics of it dead for closure if you need it :) :lol:

you sure? i saw a silver fish before, a LONNG time ago and i remember it being really small (like less then an inch) and actually silver. this thing is like 2 inches long brown and yellowish brown.

:shrug2: thats what we've always called them. they are definately harmless though, for sure.

Silverfish are shiny, silvery and move like fish. They don't have a ton of legs.

This, is a Centipede.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 12 2004, 10:08 PM
Silverfish are shiny, silvery and move like fish. They don't have a ton of legs.

This, is a Centipede.

-> Steve
[post=389455]Quoted post[/post]​

funny, it doesnt look like that in the video games. :lol:

yup thats it. i didnt think it was a centipede just because of how long the legs were. pretty cool writeup you found about it.

Ugh. That is a nasty looking motherfucker. I'm barefoot right now- makes me want to go get some thick ass socks and put on my steel toe boots RIGHT NOW. :ph34r:

Even the overgrown silverfish looking one it says can bite and it's like the sting of a bee. FUCK THAT NOISE. Bee stings hurt, nikkuh.

:ph34r:

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Sep 14 2004, 03:48 AM
Even the overgrown silverfish looking one it says can bite and it's like the sting of a bee. FUCK THAT NOISE. Bee stings hurt, nikkuh.

:ph34r:
[post=390062]Quoted post[/post]​

I HATE B33Z and that damn bug we are talkin about now :ph34r:

Kill Em All.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 13 2004, 02:09 AM
Yeah that's a house centipede. The ones we have over here grow to 6 inches long and have huge fangs and stingers on the back.

Here's a picture of one:
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?photo=155850
[post=389564]Quoted post[/post]​

This is a man who knows the secret of the internet... GOOGLE :)

ya i dont care if its harmless... i would spray a gallon of bug spray on it then light it on fire...

Back