Buying Impact Wrench And Air Compressor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Baker

SO I finally decided to break down and buy my own compressor and impact wrench rather than mooching off other people but I have no clue about tank size, air flow, and whatever else. How much psi is really needed?

Just doin little stuff? as in not usin the compressor 24/7?? This is perfect for what you need.... Plenty of storage, good power, and enough to paint a car if you ever wanted to... its $277... and Craftsman! :) And I'm sure if you buy one this weekend at sears, you'll get one for a killer price, considering its easter weekend and i'm sure they have all kinds of sales.

00916731000-dlv.jpg

Craftsman 30 gallon 6hp compressor

i have an electric porter cable impact wrench and it is kinda big, so can be kinda difficult to use on a honda, but i have not encountered a bolt so far that i has not pulled...

i would with out a doubt get the craftsman. i'm planning on getting the same compressor. sears has got a deal the compressor and a few tools and hose for 277. or u could get one off of ebay from sears for about 225 but i think that is just compressor not sure though

99.99 is the starting price on ebay. Like the other guy said. I plan on saving up with my bro, and a few people and purchasing one latet on this spring, just like that one.

do you really need one that big to run an air ratchet and a impact driver or could you just get by with a smaller 6 gallon 2.5hp 115 psi one?

Try getting a crank bolt or an axle bolt off with that. Plus a small compressor like that will be on all the time. Go with the 6hp craftsman. I have the other model of that but its not upright. Its 33gal 6hp. Its good enough to do most major wokr on my cars. Well worth the money.

Originally posted by jeff@Apr 18 2003, 11:48 PM
Try getting a crank bolt or an axle bolt off with that. Plus a small compressor like that will be on all the time. Go with the 6hp craftsman. I have the other model of that but its not upright. Its 33gal 6hp. Its good enough to do most major wokr on my cars. Well worth the money.

most impact drivers only opperate at 90 psi so i don't see how a smaller engine and tank would matter for that. yes it would be on all the time but thats not really a big deal

I guess I'll go check out sears this weekend I have the money but $300 is a little more than i was hoping to spend

I ended up getting the 30 gallon craftsman from sears, they had a special going on for $278 you got the compressor a craftsman impact wrench,a craftsman impact ratchet, house and some quick connects. I haven't gotten to play with it yet but it looks like a nice compressor

Originally posted by jeff@Apr 18 2003, 11:48 PM

Crank bolts aren't that bad....i just took apart a '66 mustang 289 motor. Did all bolts by hand. I'd think you wouldn't need that big of a compressor.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Apr 18 2003, 05:14 PM
Just doin little stuff? as in not usin the compressor 24/7?? This is perfect for what you need.... Plenty of storage, good power, and enough to paint a car if you ever wanted to... its $277... and Craftsman! :) And I'm sure if you buy one this weekend at sears, you'll get one for a killer price, considering its easter weekend and i'm sure they have all kinds of sales.

00916731000-dlv.jpg

Craftsman 30 gallon 6hp compressor

I pretty much have that one that one, came with 3/8 ratchet/impact wrench, it's great. About 300 from Sears.

Back