C27A in a 3rd G Lude?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spiffyguido

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of buying a 3rd Gen lude really soon. I also have the chance to get a C27A engine from an '89 Acura Legend. Other than a lot of frabrication, can this engine be put in the 3rd G prelude.
I know this might be a nube question, I just don't know that much about 3rd gens yet cause I've only ever had a 2nd gen.

Thanks all for your help. Also, if anyone knows anything worth knowing about this engine, please post too.

Peace

to offer a generic response- sure- any motor can be put into any car with the right amount of money and knowledge- But why bother- I've had a 3rd gen lude for a while now, and i know a pretyt good amount about them- The best advice i can give is sell that motor and buy an h22a- that's a swap that's certainly worht your while

you know what, if you're going to do a swap like that why not just sell that engine get some other engine thats going to make alot of power h22 for example, put the engine in the trunk and make the mountings there and have a unique prelude. or get the engine from a crv or passport, which ever you can get in 4 wheel drive and have an AWD prelude

wow what an imagination

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Oct 9 2003, 12:11 PM
or get the engine from a crv or passport, which ever you can get in 4 wheel drive and have an AWD prelude

wow what an imagination

Been done in an Integra. Honda Tuning Magazine last month!

Get rid of the Legend engine and get a H22. Much easier.

i personally guarentee you that you will be happy with an H22. Once you feel that VTEC engage at 5500rpms you will know what i mean, kicks harder that any other stock VTEC honda ive driven. I dont know about anyone elses h22 but my 1st to 2nd gear shift doesnt just chirp when you bang gears, it lays rubber. Just something to think about :)

Back