C6 Z06 Dyno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i like the new vipers better lol, atleast the ay they look. but man... the z06 is so goddamn good, at everything.

sounds like its missing 2 or 3 times in the upper rpm band... it kinda just hovers at the same exhaust note longer than in other parts... listen close.

chevy efi for ya,. :p

and WHERES THE A/F graph? wtf kinda dyno is that...

:rant:

That's amazing. Only a 15HP loss from the "predicted" hp and 3 more ft/lbs of horsepower than predicted.

Quoted post[/post]]
i like the new vipers better lol, atleast the ay they look. but man... the z06 is so goddamn good, at everything.

I think it was motor trend (might have been car and driver) but the Z06 beats the viper in every concievable way....thats how it should be IMO

Down with MOPAR

Originally posted by Road & Track October 2005 Vol. 57 Number 2

In terms of raw acceleration, the Z06is world-class quick, thogh not quite a match for its cross-town Mopar rival, the Dodge Viper SRT-10. Our vBox test gear cocked a 4.2 second 0-60 run, nearly reaching this speed in 1st gear, where the Dodge sprints there in 4.0; likewise, the Z06 dispatches the quarter-mile in 12.3 sec. at 116.6mph, while its v-10 powered adversary cranks out a 12.1 at 119.3. The Viper FEELS quicker too in a roll-on situation, its extra 1.3 liters of displacement practically punting you foward, versus the still-forceful but more linear of the Z06.

im just proving you wrong, not trying to prove that the viper is better.

Taken from that last link;

"Beyond about 3,500 RPM, the Z06's second set of exhaust pipes opens up."

Thats the coolest thing ever. 0-60 in 3.7 (.3 faster than the Viper btw) in 1st gear, top speed of 198 and a lateral skidpad of 1.1G's.... holy shit.

Quoted post[/post]]

Thats the coolest thing ever. 0-60 in 3.7 (.3 faster than the Viper btw) in 1st gear, top speed of 198 and a lateral skidpad of 1.1G's.... holy shit.

I was thinking about that - they must use a vacuum-triggered exhaust cutout or something. That is really cool.

i'd still rather have a new skyline. lol. LS7 is crazyness.

Quoted post[/post]]

and the sick thing here is... the Corvette doesn't have any gas guzzler tax on it's base price, unlike the 3k you pay for the Viper, 1k you paid for the 03-04 Cobras, and 1.6k you pay for GTO's.

Chevy has done some very badass shit with the C6.

Back