Cable To Hydro Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I know I have been telling everyone that I like the feel of the cable tranny better (and I do) but the selection of cable trannys for NA engines is just too limited, the synchros are weaker, etc. So my question is what would be required to convert my 93 Integra to a hydro tranny? I know the obvious parts, master cylinder, lines, tranny, etc. I want to know what changes I need to make to the peddle, the firewall, and where I can get lines. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric, call hasport or e-mail them about their cable/hydro conversion. It comes with everything you need and instructions to do it.

Good luck on converting man.

I haven't made a descision on it yet. I need to find out what it will cost first, then I need to get a line on a JDM ITR tranny... And finally I need to money to fund the entire project. :)

I called HASport this morning. They said that the kit to install a hydro tranny in a cable chassis is still being tested. They plan to have it available on their site in about 3 weeks.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 14 2003, 05:07 PM
I called HASport this morning. They said that the kit to install a hydro tranny in a cable chassis is still being tested. They plan to have it available on their site in about 3 weeks.

I've always thought it was weird that the kit that was availible,was to put "older" systems in newer cars,being that it is illegal in a few places.I understand that you could put a newer motor on a older tranny and all,for the sake of simplicity,and expense,and what not,I just thought there should have been a way to out newer tranny's in older cars.

It's not illegal to put a cable tranmission into a newer car. The reason people are doing it is it calbe trannys were cheaper. Now that cable trannys are getting hard to find they are getting close to hydro tranny cost.

I assume that it wouldn't be too hard to drop a hydraulic transmission into a cable tranny car- especially if shops are able to convert automatics to stick, since they have to install all the clutch equipment where it didn't exist before.

On why people install cable transmissions into hydro cars- some people actually like the feel of the cable transmissions better too. I know a few guys running cable trannies in their 5G and 6G Civic, mostly because of the way the clutch feels, then because of the shorter ratios and lower cost.

Feel is the reason I like my cable tranny, but it is not all that much cheaper any more as these trannys are getting harder to find. Plus the syncros on the cable B series VTEC trannys are much weaker than the hydro synchros, your choice in gear ratios is much more limited (no Type R came with a cable tranny). Cable trannys with LSDs are much herder to find. The list of reasons to convert goes on.

Back