Call of Duty: Ghosts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i hear the mini map is gone, on hard core, thats gonna suck to know where your team is.

Haven't picked it up yet, probably will tonight. Drove by game stop at 11:45 last night and didn't feel like waiting.

Screw that, I wrote them off after they F-ed over the original guys.

i skipped BO2.

maybe ill come back for ghosts. we'll see. honestly ive always liked the compaign more than online play.

If I recall AHHvtec... the minimap has always been gone in HC... don't think I'll get it... GTA is keeping me occupied right now... when I pick up a xb1 I'll get it probably

nah, all you would have to do is hit the start button on hard core and you could see the location of your team, now thats gone.

Played it for a while last night...my verdict: unless you just want new maps, skip it. "New/Improved" engine my ass...it's just Modern Warfare 4, except now you can peak around corners. Everything else...same old CoD shit. Create-a-Character is confusing as Hell too...there's way too many perks and I feel like the squad stuff is unnecessary.

Also, the maps are FREAKIN' HUGE! Which is a nice change from the tiny maps they usually give us, but, I feel like they were designed with Ground War in mind and unfortunately they limited the players on 360/PS3 to 12, so sometimes the maps are almost too large for their own good.

The Juggernaut Maniac suit is fun though...

Also, the maps are FREAKIN' HUGE! Which is a nice change from the tiny maps they usually give us, but, I feel like they were designed with Ground War in mind and unfortunately they limited the players on 360/PS3 to 12, so sometimes the maps are almost too large for their own good.

Sounds like back in Battlefield 2 playing 5v5 on a 64 player map :wacko:

My ongoing review of CoD Ghost

28.9GB install size, and with an i7, 12GB RAM, and a HD 6870 can't even play with settings maxed? Annoying.

Playing with anything other than "optimal settings" seems to result in game freezing up randomly, could be two minutes, could be two hours. Unfortunately for me and my last generation video card the "Optimal Settings"look like absolute shit, as in Battlefield 2 had higher textures. I will say this though, for the little bit I got it to run maxed out, it looks fabulous.

the game does play quite smoothly, and hit detection in campaign is dead on, and enemy die when they get shot. A.I. is anything but intelligent half the time, but they don't get in your way very often. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes if you don't meet an objective instead of restarting the level, it changes objectives. So far I like it.

Controlling the helicopters, and hte underwater gun fights are pretty cool.the mechanics are not as clunky as I thought they would be, and that APS Underwater gun is bitchin'

Fucking terrible ending.

But I did figure out that overclocking my card just a hair made it stop crashing.

Last edited:
Sounds like back in Battlefield 2 playing 5v5 on a 64 player map :wacko:

Yeah, that's a pretty decent assessment. There's one map, can't remember the exact title, I think it's "Stonehaven Castle" or something like that....it's massive. There's a broken down castle on one end and a bunch of shacks/houses throughout the battlefield. On that one I was running around just trying to find enemies only to get picked off by somebody camping with a sniper rifle or assault rifle. Definitely a change-up from the tiny maps we typically get with CoD...

anyone with some intel on this game?
finally picked up a copy lastnight for $30 bucks off a craigslist score
played it for a bit lastnight, its going to take some getting used to.
any tips for best assault and smg?

anyone with some intel on this game?
finally picked up a copy lastnight for $30 bucks off a craigslist score
played it for a bit lastnight, its going to take some getting used to.
any tips for best assault and smg?

Honestly I'm finding the SMGs to be not as good of an option in this game. With the maps being so much bigger I think assault rifles are a better overall choice. In terms of which ones are best...I dunno, I've just been using whatever the default unlocked one is, the SC 2010 I think? It's not a bad choice...pretty balanced.

Have you tried the "marksman" rifles yet? They're classed in-between assault rifles and sniper rifles. They're good to use with a scope on some of the bigger maps if you're not a fan of the actual sniper rifles...

Also, I had this on PS3 and did the $10 upgrade to PS4. The next-gen version is actually much better. It's not a completely different game, but the lighting is much improved and the textures are so much sharper. Having the game in native 1080p actually helps a LOT when you're trying to pick people off from a distance...

i agree, the smg's tend to be pretty useless for the more open layout of the maps
only good for maybe the factory/tank assembly line board
been using the sc2010 and the remington R5
its an interesting game, going to take some time to get used to all the new shit

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to break even on this game k/d wise. For some reason I'm really good at the Black Ops games but only mediocre at anything Infinity Ward makes...

Back