Cam Shafts And Cam Gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmcrx89

im lookin to get some cams and cam gears for my b16a, what are some good ones for me to get?

alot of ppl said type r cam shafts

best combo ive seen with proof is skunk 2 cams and cam gears.

also when i order cams , what car do i order them for or any bseries part will fit into mine, like skunk2 cams for a type r or skunk2 for a gsr? is there a power difference? will they both fit?

all b series vtec cams are the same as far as fitting goes.... now what cams you get is all depending on what you want...

are you going all motor? turbo? is this your daily driver? shit like that

as all motor is concerned, personally as far as bang for the buck id suggest ctr intake cam and itr exhaust cam, still not exactly cheap....
take it a step up and get skunk2 stage 2 cams, they recomend their valve train, and it's not a bad idea, not worth it to drop a vavle.... if your a baller and have alot of money to blow on toda shit, (over 5 bills for each cam) then the valvetrain, not to mention making sure your bottom end can handle the revving beyond redline it takes to get maximum potential out of those things ...

now as far as turbo alot of people suggest GSR cams, skunk2 has a new turbo grind out but i havn't heard anything about it, and then there's always crower.

definately all motor

i was lookin into skunk2 cam gears and shaft

i wanna get the right parts the first time, im no baller, just a college student with a passion.

how does this setup sound?
Car:
89 Crx Si w/ B16a Sir1
Mods:

ITR Headers
Skunk2 Racing Cams
Skunk2 Adj. Cam Gears
AEM CAI

thats all about i wanna get for now, i wanna build my bottom end sometime around summer when i get more money.

yeah that's a pretty normal set up.... just say header from now, it's singular, some people here will jump on you for that one

Originally posted by jdmcrx89@Jan 19 2003, 07:17 PM
how does this setup sound?
Car:
89 Crx Si w/ B16a Sir1
Mods:

ITR Headers
Skunk2 Racing Cams
Skunk2 Adj. Cam Gears
AEM CAI

thats all about i wanna get for now, i wanna build my bottom end sometime around summer when i get more money.

dont forget your skunk2 springs and retainers :)

sorry ITR header lol
well anyways my next question

anyone used CTR Pistons and CTR Cam Shafts? are they good? or should i go with the Skunk2 setup?

why i ask this is because with CTR Pistons and Cams i have more money to do pistons, cams, cam gears, with skunk2 i have only enough for cam shafts and adj cam gears.

Just picked these up... SPW Industries Adj. Cam Gears... be a real man and get 6-bolt cam gears :)
camgears.jpg

When i find a honda for a decent price, i'm going to use Toda Spec C and Cam gears.. so IMO, Toda is one of the best.

Originally posted by jdmcrx89@Jan 23 2003, 05:57 AM
sorry ITR header lol
well anyways my next question

anyone used CTR Pistons and CTR Cam Shafts? are they good? or should i go with the Skunk2 setup?

i ran ctr pistons and crane cams with a full crower valve train... i thought it ripped pretty damn hard.

how much is it for toda racing, pistons, cams, cam gears?

Back