camshaft problems....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awk236

So my car still wont start after putting in a new coil, distributor cap, rotor, I noticed that when I would try to start the car that the rotor in my distributor wouldnt turn....so I looked over at the timing belt and camshaft sprocket and they would spin, I took my valve cover off and the upper timing belt cover and noticed that when i tried to turn the ignition that the timing belt would spin but my cam wouldn't move because it wont move the rotor wont spin and my car wont start...any thoughts? its an 88 hatchback civic with a 1.5l engine thanks!

Just a minor bump as I just ran into this problem. I was driving along and the engine started running rough but revving a lil higher seemed to cure that. As I was driving I hear this loud noise from under the hood and the engine stopped running.

Upon pulling off the road I seen the valve cover gasket had a portion that was popped out which caused the noise I heard. After getting it home I pulled off the cover to see if anything had busted. After seeing nothing wrong I had my brother attempt to crank it over just a lil and the timing belt turned but the camshaft did absolutely no moving whatsoever. Please help or am I going to have to take this into a shop or junkyard?

Back