Can I Replace A 1.6 With A 1.5?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tubby

Hey
Ive got a 91 civic AWD wagon with a blown motor(I know its a dorky wagon but it goes great thru the snow) I also have a wrecked 89 CRX with a good 1.5(the 2 injector intake) can I bolt the 1.5 into the wagon and use the 1.6 intake on the 1.5?...will it bolt in? I also have a 89 integra, would that motor fit? thanks for any info.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 31 2003, 12:01 AM
It isn't an issue of it being a 1.5 it is a issue of FWD into AWD.

If he uses the same transmission, it's not a problem. He only wants to swap the engine, not the entire drivetrain.

Tubby- you should be able to drop in the 1.5L block and use your 1.6L head and original transmission- I assume it's the D16A6?

Duh,I forgot all about the crvtec.Just got caught slippin'.

basically, what you are doing is a reverse mini me - kinda sorta -

instead of going from the 1.5 and putting on the 1.6 head on it, you have the 1.6 block and are putting the 1.5 block on it.

go for it man- it may turbo out to be a little faster too!

keep the intake manifold from the wagon so you do not have to do a MPFI (multipoint fuel injection) to DPFI (dual point fuel injection) swap. just swap the blocks if possible, the heads should be the same, but the cams in the 1.6l are more aggressive.
good luck man.

i'm kinda new to the tuner market but seeing how the 89 teg is a dohc and has the same motor mounts as the civic and knowing it easily swaps in why just not swap the teg's into the civic and pimp that?DOHC and AWD sounds good to me.

sorry to say but the engine mount aren't the same. They aren't swappable. Just drop in the 1.5 if you just want it to run!!!!!

my self and a friend put a turboed D16Z6 in his all wheel drive wagon and that thing flew but we also had a trany shop rebuild his trany and diff to keep them from breaking.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 3 2003, 02:34 AM
keep the intake manifold from the wagon so you do not have to do a MPFI (multipoint fuel injection) to DPFI (dual point fuel injection) swap. just swap the blocks if possible, the heads should be the same, but the cams in the 1.6l are more aggressive.
good luck man.

exactly... this will definitely work. go for it and let us know how it goes :)

Back