can't find head bolts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

Im replacing the head gasket in my 91 HF and I was advised that it would be a good idea to replace the head bolts while im there so they wont snap in any future repairs. I have been trying to find a set but no local shops have them and Honda wants 13 bucks a piece! any websites that still sell sets? or maybe a set for another engine might work with mine? (it is a honda...)

well is it stock d series? i used the same ones when i relaced my head gasket. You should check on line for ARP bolt though. I'm just saying that it worked for in the past NO PROBLEM. ebay yo! good luck

yeah stock D. I was told they could snap in the future or stretch the threads, but if theyll work, then Ill be fine.

like i said, i did it once and it worked fine. JUST DONT OVERTIGHTEN! good luck

If you are going to be investing in tearing the head off alot put your money into some ARP Head Studs...you can reuse those like 5 times and they will still keep thred and what not....go to summitracing.com they are around 90.00 good investment becuase you can reuse them unlike honda ones where after you torque them you HAVE to trash them after you take them out.

Back