car in gear but doesnt move

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dmmd3

I have a 95 honda civic dx manual trans. and recently had the axle shafts replaced on both sides. I went to move my car out of the driveway today and it backed out fine, I let it sit for a minute and when i went to put it in gear and engage the clutch it wouldnt move. It sounds like the clutch engages but it wont move. The speedometer even moves like the car is moving but it isnt. I want to make sure its the axle shafts before i bitch out the shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Probably one of the axles is not pushed into the tranny all the way or a busted axle. Speedo moving = the diff is spinning.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 1 2005, 07:41 PM
easy test put in frist gear and bump the starter
[post=467894]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the axles and they seem to be in all the way.
Hcivic what do you mean by bump the starter? turn the car on with it in first? thanks again

I'm voting axles. You just had work done, and pow, you're stuck. I would have said axles before you said recent work was done.

axles....had it happen on a b16 i spent 2 hours trying to figure out what the hell it was :oops:

Yeah it was the axles. I had the car towed back to the shop and they fixed it. They said the ring that held them in or something had popped off. Thanks for the help though.

Back