Car shuts off when I give it gas !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slickkrick50h9

I swapped my gsr into my eg hatch was told the harness that came with the hatch was ready for gsr
Before I pulled my gsr out of em1 it ran fine and everything worked with no issues . I ran into a issue that is going make me wanna burn down the car ! Lol car turns on and stays on when I give it gas it just dies no check engine light
Brand new fuel pump
New alternator
Any ideas ?

i would work on double checking the wiring. its wired for b18 you put in a b16, there are other things at play with the bigger motor like wiring up the butterflies, some wire is not in the right spot. time to use a continuity tester pin by pin as a just incase.

I would start with the o2 sensor, and then the TPS and other sensors related to opening the throttle.

Welcome to Hondaswap ! The Notorious "My shit doesnt run what do I do" last leg central of the internet. And as not aforementioned above if the car runs or starts at all the harness isnt likely the issue. If everything is hooked up correctly and same OBD generation then you should have a Check Engine Light , id start there

I swapped my gsr into my eg hatch was told the harness that came with the hatch was ready for gsr
Before I pulled my gsr out of em1 it ran fine and everything worked with no issues . I ran into a issue that is going make me wanna burn down the car ! Lol car turns on and stays on when I give it gas it just dies no check engine light
Brand new fuel pump
New alternator
Any ideas ?

Did any of the recommendations fix the issue?

Back