:::car still running hot, fans still not workin:::

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
ive written a topic pertaining to this before but nobodys seem to answer me...one of you supertechs has to have delt with this before someone please at least gimme a thought?

ever since i put my H22 in my 1992 honda accord ive been having problems with the motor running very hot. my fans are also not coming on as they normally would. whats happening is the car will get about 95% to the point of overheating and right before the needle hits the "H" on the temp gauge, the fans kick on and the car cools down to the normal. ive changed the thermostaat, ive changed the temp sensor as well..i also cut off all the old sensor plugs and rewired them with good ones that wernt corroded or broken. i kno that the antifreeze is flowing becuase both the upper and lower radiator hose are gettting hot. the only thing that seems to be strange is the fact that the fans dont come on until that car is about to overheat or when i actually turn the car off after it being hot. also keep in mind that this is happening after about 20 minuets of idling. i unable to see if its still running hot if the car is moving becuase it not registered.

so someone please give me your input..what does it sound like?? could it be the fan relays are bad?? possible faulty temp sensor?? posible crossed wires?? please gimme any ideas!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

so someone please give me your input..what does it sound like?? could it be the fan relays are bad?? possible faulty temp sensor?? posible crossed wires?? please gimme any ideas!!!

Try all that first..Then get back to us... :p
Or you can have the fan turn on when you start the vehicle or with a switch... :shrug2:

Whats the condition of your radiator? Maybe your rad. is clogged or maybe if its the stock rad from an accord, its not sufficient for the lude motor.

ok what you might need to do...is your ECU might not be grounding your fan relay...mine is rigged to a switch right now, I ran a wire from the battery to the negative side of the relay switch to the switch in my dash and I just flick it on and it works now...if that doesn't work I dunno lol hope that helps!

I would say that your thermal temp switch is bad, but you said you changed it....it may be bad as well. take it back and tell them it is faulty.

if that doesnt work, just rig a switch for it. I just rigged a switch in a friends car teh other day....

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jun 22 2005, 12:03 AM
ok what you might need to do...is your ECU might not be grounding your fan relay...mine is rigged to a switch right now, I ran a wire from the battery to the negative side of the relay switch to the switch in my dash and I just flick it on and it works now...if that doesn't work I dunno lol hope that helps!
[post=515079]Quoted post[/post]​

Im doing the same thing except my fan stays on all the time cause im too lazy to hit a switch.

Urban, Rig a switch and then if it still overheats, its pry your radiator.

well see heres the thing....im assuming that their actually hooked up properly because the fana are actually comming on, their just comming on extremely late. like i was saying before their kicking on like right before its about to overheat. i was trying to avoid wiring them to a switch becuase it seemed kinda ghetto but if i have to then i will but if i can figure out how to do it thru the ECU ill try to figure that out first

also the onlything that i changed were the sensor plugs, not the switches or sensors themselves therefore that thermo temp switch your talkin about might still be bad. where is that located?? ill try replacing that too.

also my radiator seems to be in good condition..i dont see any sings of clogs or corrosion anywhere and the fluid seems to be flowing fine thru the other heater hoses but i ahve no problem upgrading it to a prelude radiator if you guys think that might be the problem....

also what i didnt mentioned was...since i bought the motor i havent changed the timing belt or the water pump as of yet either reason being is because i just dont kno how to do it .... someone told me it might be the water pump as well.

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jun 22 2005, 11:34 AM
also my radiator seems to be in good condition..i dont see any sings of clogs or corrosion anywhere and the fluid seems to be flowing fine thru the other heater hoses but i ahve no problem upgrading it to a prelude radiator if you guys think that might be the problem....

also what i didnt mentioned was...since i bought the motor i havent changed the timing belt or the water pump as of yet either reason being is because i just dont kno how to do it .... someone told me it might be the water pump as well.
[post=515241]Quoted post[/post]​

The water pump should not be causing a problem unless it is extremly gunked, but that would only explain the heating up part not why your fan does not turn on. I would try replacing the temp sensors there should be two on the block one where the upper hose and lower hose connect. I would also try and test your fan relays.

Yeah if nothing else, just wire it continuos, in the least it will give you some time to figure it out.

Back