car wont start, main rely clicks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eth0r

i tried to start my car it doesnt turn over, i turn key to 2 norma beeps, fuel pump hum, if u go to 3 i hear the relay click relly fast then a big CLICK. then no power, i checked all my fuses all are fine. but if i remove battery cables and put them back on it turns on a repeats???? anyone know whats up main relay, starter dead?

That happend to my friends four door and it turned out to be that the battery was dead....when even charged the main relay before getting the battery tested.

I have the same problem tooo. I am narrowing it down to main relay and starter also. (we had the battery checked and they said it was good)

Originally posted by eth0r@Jul 8 2005, 03:19 PM
i tried to start my car it doesnt turn over, i turn key to 2 norma beeps, fuel pump hum, if u go to 3 i hear the relay click relly fast then a big CLICK. then no power, i checked all my fuses all are fine. but if i remove battery cables and put them back on it turns on a repeats???? anyone know whats up main relay, starter dead?
[post=522812]Quoted post[/post]​

i doubt thats your relay clicking, sounds like the starter is trying to engage but your battery is old, is it not?

Back