Car Won't Start With Fuel Injector Code?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kango

My car was running better than ever, once I replaced the lower ball joint, FINALLY found and fixed the mystery oil leak, and replaced all the vacuum lines(yes, yes, it had a surging idle). Then I cleaned the engine off with some degreaser and water from the hose...I'm almost positive that I avoided getting water on the distributor, injectors, etc. since I was cleaning off a small area. Anyway, I started the car up after that and it ran very rough. Figured I got something wet somehow. Waited a day to let it dry off, tried it again, and now it doesn't start at all...it cranks but doesn't turn over. So I checked to see what code I was throwing and it's an fuel injector code. Ummm, one injector is keeping the car from starting all together? Help, plz. Thx.

The only things I did- the oil leak was coming from this little aluminum flange type thing(no idea what it's called or what it does) that's bolted to the side of the valve cover...about where the end of the cam would be, passenger side. I took that off, cleaned off the mating surfaces and bolted it back on. The only other way I know how to describe it, is when I took it off, it had two keyway-type locks on a cylinder...the cylinder being about the same diameter of a camshaft. Like I said, the car ran fine after all of that, until I cleaned off the area where the oil leak was coming from. It was all downhill after that. AFTER it had reached rock bottom,I took the harnesses off of the injectors to test their connections with an ohmeter. They tested fine. In the process, I noticed that the injectors could be twisted by hand fairly easily, but even so they've worked fine up 'til now. Sorry so long-a-thread

The distributor???Sounds like it from what you described,you probably have the timing 180 now.Static time it and see if that fix's it.

Lol, no it wasn't the distributor. Oh crap, btw, it's an '89 'Lude Si(B20A5)...I'm gonna try and find out what that part is here....it's been buggin' me, anyway. I'll post back in a bit when I find out what it is...hopefully.

Back