Car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicracer901

:huh: I turn the key to start the car, I hear a high pitch but faint noise in the engine. I dont know whats wrong. It just wont start. I can here a click after i release the key. There is power just not startting. Iam not good at this stuff yet so i need some help. If possible aim me civicracer901. Would like to get this fixed soon. I bought a new battery cause the one i had was shot anyways just went ahead and replaced it. The only thing is though is that this smaller battery that is for the car orginally , I thought it might be the problem. Iam running a bigger engine in the has been dx. I just need help please.

what are the cold cranking amps of your battery? also, did you try to jump it at all, give it a shot anyways. could be your starter too

Well i jump started it. It starts. It still has some trouble though startting when i turn the key. It starts though when i jump it. I took off the jump starter and turned the car off and on for a little bit to see if it was going to start on its own. It does. It just feels like its taking to long to start up when turning the key. Its like it doesnt start up right away like it use to. Before it was like turn the key and boom its starts know its turn the key and hold then it finnally starts. Kinda takes a little bit to start. I use to not have to hold the key and wait til start.

ok just curious but if i was looking for a starter would i be looking for a 93 ls starter since its a 93 bottom end? Should I get one from Discount , auto zone etc.. or should I go straight to the acura delarship. Whats better? Might as well get a good one that is going to last since this will be my only car for a long long time. or atleast the motor will be hehe. I know this is kinda lame but its in a 88 hatch dx. Its a 93 bottom end and a b16a1 head.

Originally posted by civicracer901@Nov 9 2002, 06:38 PM
ok just curious but if i was looking for a starter would i be looking for a 93 ls starter since its a 93 bottom end? Should I get one from Discount , auto zone etc.. or should I go straight to the acura delarship. Whats better? Might as well get a good one that is going to last since this will be my only car for a long long time. or atleast the motor will be hehe. I know this is kinda lame but its in a 88 hatch dx. Its a 93 bottom end and a b16a1 head.

yup- get the 93 ls one...

a starter is a starter if you ask me- get the autozone one :)

get a b-series starter for a cable transmission....or cross reference parts numbers to see if all bseries starters are the same....i believe they are but just make sure, otherwise you'll need to get a starter for a cable transmission.

Back