car won't turn over but has power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

i did a swap on this car about a year ago and everything has been fine until now. for some reason 3 nights ago the car would not turn over at all. after push starting it and running it a few min. then it turned over about 5 or 6 times and now it will not again. i know for a fact that this is enough power because i already had a volt meter on it. second there is a relay(i think) that is gray and just below the inside fuse panel and has like a 8 pin connector in it. this relay makes a noise every time i try to start the car.
this is all in a 92eg with a 95 gsr swap

Last edited:
make sure your getting spark if not bad dizzy if you are getting spark it may be a bad main relay

if it turns over then i have good spark but thats the problem it will not turn over. and i have never had to change a main relay is this the one that i said was making that funny noise

yea it sounds like the one but if your motor wont evem try turnig over make sure the motor is grounded

i checked that first. one by the battery is fine and i also have a ground to the valve cover and tranny to.

and i mean everything else works beside the motor turning over so that just seconds my grounds are ok

well its got to be like only three things left bad battery main relay or ecu

ok then i guess i will try to find a main relay because i just got a new battery i month ago and the ecu is fine i would bet on that because if i go push start it then it will work fine and even start a couple of times before that relay makes noise and stops tuening over. any ideas on where to get a new realy from....??? is there other places besides the honda house that i can get one

you can get one at nappa auto parts,,but you say the car will run fine if you push it off ?

just till i try to start it again and again like 3 to 5 times. then the relay starts making a funny noise that i can hear pretty good and then it will not turn over any more. its like the vibration shakes something around and then it will work again for a min.

so lets say you push your car off can you drive it around fine untill you shut it off then try to start it back.?

no i can drive it around fine and cut it off and then try to start it again it will hesitate and then trun over. will do this again and then wilkl not turn over at all. and it is not the alt because i can wait to start it the second time till the next morning and with that much time it can not be the alt.

yea just get that main relay and hopefuly it will fix the problem

Back