Carburetor 94 Civic Upgrade D16y8 - No O2 sensor other sensor not sure.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

osix

I just got my Civic 94 . What i know is that is a Carburetor upgrade with D16y8
And now is a Vtec fuel injection Civic . running on ecu 6X i think ..

few days go i manage to go under it and can;t find any O2 sensor .
The pile had been redone with new 4/2/1 header.

I am not getting great mileage .
The Intake is one of those trendy Pipe and i see som kinda airfolwo sensor stuck to it . i trying to install it better by making a customer seal for it .

Any suggestion if i should worry . since i do not have a O2 sensor and if i Do . How is it going to work since i am a Hybrid Carbu-Tec
12165995_10206133383668191_6298629_n.jpg

is your check engine light on? without an o2 sensor, that would surely be on. if it's not, and the bulb works (you can test this with simple key on, but not car on), then the ecu you have is likely chipped. And that is likely the source of your bad mileage.
do you have the o2 plug on the engine empty? it's right near the distributor.

I know that
MY engine is now running Fuel injection Vtec from a D16y8
and the lower block which i found out froma recently Crankshaft replacement is a Standard D15b Carburetor block .
i did nto notice any strange light coming up , beside the day when the Crank pulley fall off and the Battery light went up .

- I also did not find any O2 Sensor .

- what should i do to Improve Mpg . or what should it be running ?

if i want O2 Option i I found some O2 sensor that is 4 Cable . ( was told 1 Cable one is rarer )

will my Ecu work ? 6X or something

if not what i should do ?

6x is not an ecu code. find it under the carpet of the passenger kick panel and get the middle 3 digits off of it.
most obd1 cars use 4-wire o2s, including the p28 ecu (standard on the d16z6 engine)

having Run my D15b Black with D16y8 . which ecu should i be running if i get a 4 wire O2s .

what would be right mod combination to get good or avoid over rich mix

currently doing 8km/L city

Assuming your car is still obd 1 (the y8 and its sensors on the intake mani is obd2), the p28 is what you want to use.

12202145_10206200591548346_348729791_n.jpg

This is what i found .

is P6x ??

i know is for D16y8 ? ( Auto ? )

D15b Block .

no engine light or strange sound .

My IACV problem when i open the air-con and headlight is still dropping the Idle by almost 400 -

i was advice to get a Ae100-111 - Vacuum control device . which is adjustable

Back