Carerra GT crash at CaliSpeedway

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
:(

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4562562/detail.html#

4562735_480X360.jpg

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....20&pagenumber=1

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost....05&postcount=26

I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I witnessed the whole thing.

IT WAS NOT BEN'S FAULT!!! THE ORGANIZER HAD PICKED THE 150MPH ZONE AS THE ENTRANCE TO THE TRACK AND THE F-CAR DRIVER PULLED IN FRONT OF HIM NEAR THE END OF THE STRAGHT. THERE WERE NO CORNER WORKS AND NO FLAGS!!! HE TRIED TO AVOID HIM AND SPUN OUT AND HIT THE WALL AT NEARLY THAT SPEED.

Whoa, that sucks bad. But really, that doesn't look anywhere near a 100 mph+ wreck. There was a kid here that worked a Porsche, young guy, well he was off doing something in one of the dealerships GT3s and wrecked into a minivan or something killed himself, not nice.

Sorry, forgot the point, he was going about 180kmh and his car was ripped into pieces, and the other was totalled.

Poor car, umm, I mean guy.

:(

this is why my hatch will NOT be tracked, until i have a cage in the car.

k thx bye.

stock cars aren't designed for this type of shit and aren't safe at those speeds. with a helmet on, its a hair safer, but still, you can easily break your neck.

and i can't agree with this more:

das908kind
(Just call me)Jr. Member

:Originally posted by Brad Roberts:
The GT owner took a second lap after the parade lap (he wasnt supposed too)

Some years ago I did my first driver's ed course in BC. I was in the first-timers group. We were CLEARLY told not to pass, unless given specific instructions, by the tower or an instructor. During the last session, a car from behind decided to take the inside line, brake late, and pass the convoy of traffic that was holding him up. In this case, nothing happened, but It could have turned out really ugly.

I think the guy got a talking to, but that's about it. It PISSES me off; every time I hear about an incident involving death and serious injury, it's someone who thinks they know better and have broken specific rules and instruction. I hope I never eat my words, but racing is dangerous and people need to take this stuff more seriously. I haven't driven on a track in about 5 years, because I've realized after just a few introductions to the sport, how involved it is. I don't plan to return, until I can do it the right way, with all the safety gear, a purpose built car and TRAINING.

I mean no disrespect to those involved, but I hate hearing these stories all the time, especially after living in LA for several years and spending lots of time hanging out with the vintage racing crowd, POC guys and at several of the Fontana events.

rules are in place for a reason.

homeboy took a 2nd lap cuz he didn't follow the rules, and now hes dead because of it.

i have 0 pity for this guy.

"nothing he could do" ehh?
try pitting in like you're supposed to next time.

oh wait, you can't, CUZ YOUR FUCKING DEAD.

good.

one less fucktard on the track who might kill me.

Moreover, this proves one thing: money to buy a pimp car DOESN'T make you a race car driver.

and another thing...

this was a parade lap.
the second one.

there is NO need to be doing 150 on a parade lap.

fuck this guy.

why should i be sympathic to a no talent ass clown?

the only sympathy i have is for the passenger.

but then again, i don't.

there are certain people i will not drive with. being a passenger takes a lot of trust.

Damn, I didn't know it was a parade lap. That is just stupid to be going that speed on a parade lap. I don't think we're allowed to go over 50mph on our parade laps. B is right, rules are there for a reason. But, I'll continue to track the sol without a cage. I'm not moving to the advanced group until I do though. So a cage is on the list of next things to do.

sympathy or no sympathy, it is still a shitty situation that everyone should learn from.

So you jump into a 2005 Porsche, race day, closed track, and you are NOT going to open it up? To show no sympathy for this man, or atleast his family, would render yourself gutless. Everyone here is an avid motorsport fan. We all race. Would you want this to happen to any of you? I wouldnt think so. He was at a sanctioned event racing on a closed course. He took every step that 1/2 of us dont. He was not taking a parade lap around his culdesac. He was not doing 150 down the freeway. His passenger was probally loving it. I agree that these cars extend the size of your penis and make you feel invincible, but its no reason to well wish someones death.

I hate to say it, but im with B on this one.

Originally posted by 93Fury@Jun 9 2005, 05:28 PM

So you jump into a 2005 Porsche, race day, closed track, and you are NOT going to open it up? To show no sympathy for this man, or atleast his family, would render yourself gutless. Everyone here is an avid motorsport fan. We all race. Would you want this to happen to any of you? I wouldnt think so. He was at a sanctioned event racing on a closed course. He took every step that 1/2 of us dont. He was not taking a parade lap around his culdesac. He was not doing 150 down the freeway. His passenger was probally loving it. I agree that these cars extend the size of your penis and make you feel invincible, but its no reason to well wish someones death.
[post=510333]Quoted post[/post]​

You need to know your limits. 98% of the people who own a super car cannot drive a super car.

look at nick cage- he's wrecked countless ferarri's. that thread or one linked to it talks about it.

i don't wish him dead.... i don't wish anyone that. But I'm glad that this means one less guy that I need to watch out for trying to be cool on the track.

money doesn't make you a good driver.

seat time does.

did any of you guys read the whole thread??

the dude was doing speed around the track and the flagger waved a ferrari out onto the track in front of him...

he dipped to avoid the ferrari and lost control...

it could happen to anyone of us...

But I'm glad that this means one less guy that I need to watch out for trying to be cool on the track.

no offense, but i highly doubt this dude with a carrera GT is gonna be racing at any of the events you attend

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 10 2005, 12:09 PM
did any of you guys read the whole thread??

the dude was doing speed around the track and the flagger waved a ferrari out onto the track in front of him...

he dipped to avoid the ferrari and lost control...

it could happen to anyone of us...

But I'm glad that this means one less guy that I need to watch out for trying to be cool on the track.

no offense, but i highly doubt this dude with a carrera GT is gonna be racing at any of the events you attend
[post=510643]Quoted post[/post]​

there;s like 8 different versions now... the orig one i saw said it was a 2nd parade lap that he shouldn't have been on in the first place. who knows.

as for the gt never racing with me... you'd be suprised. sign up for a HPDE.

I'm with B. You race, you take risks. Minimizing those risks is up to the staff and racers (mainly the racers). If he couldn't control his car at that speed, maybe he didn't need to be going that fast in the first place?

i see your point of view on this one...

but lets assume the last update of the story is true, and that the flagger waved out a ferrari in front of him...

then it was a staffers fault first of all...

and i don't care if its some prick in a GT, a nascar driver or a professional F1 driver, someone pulls out in front of you when you;re doing 150+, chances are you're hitting a wall...

everyone always says keep it off the street, take it to the track...
so he took it to the track, where its safer to travel at excessive speeds, but all factors can never be ruled out...

That's true - that's why I say it's the staff as well as the racers' responsibility to minimize the risks of high speed. If that is true, then yes, it is a failure on the staff's part.

Porsche. Because you've got loads of cash and a small weiner. And no common sense... and now, no heartbeat.

Back