• Carharrt

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • The North Face

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • other

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now just out of curiosity: How many north face wearers out there have that voted and commented have an Iphone/Pad/Touch/MAC etc..

I have and still use my perfectly working macbook from 2008. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII.

I wear both. Depends on what I'm doing. I'm not going to mess up a good north face jacket while I'm out doing yard work. I put on the carhart stuff.

I have a macbook pro from april 2007, iphone 4 because my 3g died. I have an HP Touchpad because it's cheap. I think I have an iPod version 5.5 in the glove box of my car hooked to the stereo.

I like the 1911, but for carry, I pick a glock. When I have to use it, I won't feel as bad turning over my glock 22 for evidence as turning over a kimber custom 1911. I'm pondering getting a soviet surplus pistol for EDC just because of that. Home defense I have an AK47 -- and I trust it with my life.

For me, it comes down to being smart with money, not so much the image I portray. Another question is how many people wear a rolex vs fossil vs skagen vs breitling vs etc.

For me, it comes down to being smart with money, not so much the image I portray. Another question is how many people wear a rolex vs fossil vs skagen vs breitling vs etc.

hmmm didn't you basically have a brand new Fit but had to have the new cool CR-Z?

I believe the Fit got wrecked.

never owned a single mac product.

i have a hand-me-down dell laptop, tmobile g2 cellphone, hp touchpad w/android cm9, and self built htpc, workstation and gaming desktop.

Carhartt = work truck

North face = sports car

That about sums it up.
More like a diesel dually versus a Mazda Miata. The dually is purpose built and can be overkill at times. The Mazda is worthless.

Seriously though, I find a decent hoody much better than anything by North Face. I also have friends that swear by pea coats over North Face (the pea coat being cheaper and looking better too). I stick to the construction worker stuff, Carhart, Dickies, etc. Cheap, quality, and comfortable to boot. Minus my snowboarding gear, all my cold whether gear is stuff you'd find on a job site.

Neither.

I don't like the way carhart is cut. Their pants suck. I need to buy 6 waist sizes too big for them to not be 'skinny jeans' on my legs, and then i can fit a book bag in the waste line. And that's their 'relaxed fit'. Jackets - too damn short. A XXL is huge on me and yet the top of my pants are showing. un-acceptable.
Maybe if you're built like twig....

Northface never did it for me style wise. I hear they are warm, but their REAL jackets are wicked expensive and i'm not going on an expedition any time soon. And then it became ghetto fab to boot which made me ignore the brand even more.

429541_3166070991235_1249222550_3371186_1898243070_n.jpg

Carhartt is like a pick up truck with tools in it

North Face is a Subaru with a recreational rack on it.

Carhartt is rugged and warm. Perfect for working outside. But kinda stiff.

North Face is more comfy and casual but I agree that Its not being as warm. I wonder if people in the southern hemisphere find the name hemisphere biased lol

for work pants i wear dickies.my winter jacket is made by jakes i think...looks just like carhart.thick,nicely insulated.pretty much waterproof for a couple hours.and has the cuffs inside the sleeve instead of sewn right on the edge.has pockets out the balls too.

Northface never did it for me style wise. I hear they are warm, but their REAL jackets are wicked expensive and i'm not going on an expedition any time soon.

You just hit the nail on the head. Everyone is comparing Carhartt to North Face (which is stupid anyway), but only in terms of the cheap-ish consumer driven North Face line...saying they are not warm enough...you know they have a whole series of jackets designed for actual mountaineering that are well over $500...Find me a fucking Carhartt jacket that you could scale Everest in.

The only thing you can do in Carhartt is shovel shit or frame a wall

no reference to a nascar event while you're pouring the hatorade?
lmao

You just hit the nail on the head. Everyone is comparing Carhartt to North Face (which is stupid anyway), but only in terms of the cheap-ish consumer driven North Face line...saying they are not warm enough...you know they have a whole series of jackets designed for actual mountaineering that are well over $500...Find me a fucking Carhartt jacket that you could scale Everest in.

The only thing you can do in Carhartt is shovel shit or frame a wall

Carhartt - Product - Men's Extremes® Coat/Arctic Quilt-Lined

And you don't have to spend over 500 bucks

Back