Carpet Dye...from black to SUPER black!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
long story short, I bought a OEM carpet in super mint condition for the EG hatch. It was the last big thing I needed to swap the car to a full black si/type R interior. Now, I know honda's black carpet isn't quite pure black. Its kinda dark dark grey/blue/black. I want PURE DarK Black...so in all my wisdom (or what I like to think is that) I began looking at different carpet dyes on the market. It seems that going from black and trying to get a darker black shouldn't be a problem at all. I just don't want to have issues and fuck up one of the hardest peices to find for my interior. So with all that said, has anyone on here used or know someone that has had experience dyeing their carpet??? I know it is a long shot...but who knows.....

matt

Try some of that Rit dye in a washing machine.
liquid.gif

carpet would get thrashed in a washing machine.... same concept and I have used "RIT" and have been successful, but don't want to cahnce fucking this thing off...its mint!

Even if your carpet fits in the washer dont do it, because with some washers its hard to drain the dye out..

I spray painted.. lol it didnt turn out as nice as I hoped

looked good had some darker spots, next time i will wear gloves (black hands suck). Also spray more dye and use a brush to work it in

The dye mixed with H20 and let it sit sounds like a great idea. I snagged a cherry full black carpet piece frm the junkyard, but I'm not gonna bother dying it. Because it would make the rest of my shabby interior look worse :)

Honda carpet is plastic fibers... Which won't hold dye. It'll look darker, but it'll never stick like it should..

I've never tried it, but in theory, it would come out every time you shampoo'd the carpet, or spilled something on it.. It would rub off on your shoes and stuff. Dye is for non-plastic based stuff. You also have to rinse the holy shit out of things that are dyed, and unless the carpen was out of the car at the time, you would have hell rinsing it.

It sounds like a big messy mistake waiting to happen.

My two suggestions:

1. Leave it alone. Its stock, factory color, and in mint condition according to you. Don't fuck that up.

2. Buy "black" carpet from an aftermarket dealer. Lots of people sell it, like ebay and summit, jeggs, or like 8769875 companies in import mags, etc.

Quoted post[/post]]
Honda carpet is plastic fibers... Which won't hold dye. It'll look darker, but it'll never stick like it should..

I've never tried it, but in theory, it would come out every time you shampoo'd the carpet, or spilled something on it.. It would rub off on your shoes and stuff. Dye is for non-plastic based stuff. You also have to rinse the holy shit out of things that are dyed, and unless the carpen was out of the car at the time, you would have hell rinsing it.

It sounds like a big messy mistake waiting to happen.

My two suggestions:

1. Leave it alone. Its stock, factory color, and in mint condition according to you. Don't fuck that up.

2. Buy "black" carpet from an aftermarket dealer. Lots of people sell it, like ebay and summit, jeggs, or like 8769875 companies in import mags, etc.
I can get you molded carpet from a local dealer around here for $170 not shipped. Go on and email him.AEI

man oh man its not that frackin hard

buy some rit and make sure its going to be nice out for a day or two, take your carpet out and make sure its half ass washed, how you do that is up to you. now take a plastic container and add warm or hot water and fill'er up and add your dye, what ever you want to dye it to, and then get a board of some sort and stir it, fold up your carpet and add it to it, let it sit for a day or a couple of hours whatever you prefer and then drain it and hang it up to dry (hence the nice day) and put back in........how hard was that, i came up with that on my own and it worked f-ing awesome.......good luck and post back if this worked for you ;)

fall_out_boy_21@hotmail.com

ps: i have pics to show ya if you want to see the done deal......

Idiot. This thread is from 2005. I don't think the original poster gives a shit anymore or has even visited this site in years...

:slap:

Idiot. This thread is from 2005. I don't think the original poster gives a shit anymore or has even visited this site in years...

:slap:

THE ONLY REASON THAT I JOINED THIS FORUM WAS TO REPLY TO SUCH A RUDE PERSON!

It doesnt matter how long ago a post was made, any bit of information that is added to a thread can be used..... (good or bad). People can make their own judgement and educate themself, if you have 2 cents worth to put in on a topic then do so. But at least be respectful about it.

Its people like you (BrutalB83) that make some forums undesireable. Just remember what goes around comes around..... Karma ;)

Back